the Rift

[PRIVATE] Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
Even as he stood by her side, he saw the lingering gaze she gave to the edge of the cliff, the way her line of sight seemed to always be drawn to the ocean below, the drop, the jagged rocks that could mean nothing but death. Easily, he took yet another step forward, intentionally blocking everything that existed over the edge with his dark, fathomless hide. He heard the yowl in the woods beyond, and he gave it a flick of his ear. The brothers had known their sister's dragon, Akaith, for many years, they had an idea of the way the bond worked. Companions saw and felt everything their bonded did, and vice versa - with Madyrn standing guard by the cub and foal, no harm woul dbe coming to them there. Maskan considered Kiara with a heavy gaze, as she sought out his own eyes. He regarded her with a hard stare, one that revealed nothing of his own thoughts but merely provided a mirror for her to see her own reflection within. She spoke, and he simply seemed to accept the words with nothing more than a sigh that caused his eyelids to drift halfway down over his piercingly orange stare.

"Do not think to lie to me, Kiara." The voice that spoke the words seemed to be from another being, but it was Maskan's deep, smooth tones. As his eyes opened fully once more, he reached out a muzzle towards her. If Kiara had been one of his sisters, he would have bitten her, bullied her, picked a fight with her. As it was, he knew that was not the approach to take with this fragile soul. So he aimed to land the velvet contours of his maw against the curve of her nape, and breathe a deep, warm breath in, soaked richly in her scent, before exhaling it. It was an affectionate, supportive gesture as much as it was a gentle admonishment, a warning that should Kiara not tell the truth to him, he would only continue pressing until he got it out of her.

@[Kiara]
background pattern by webstreatsetc.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Kiara - 08-20-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Kiara - 09-11-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-13-2013, 02:16 AM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Kiara - 09-15-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-16-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Kiara - 09-20-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Oh Woe Is Me! [Whit] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-24-2013, 07:40 PM