the Rift

[OPEN] Worn out nights

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

[:x this post got way off track from my original intention, but never fear she will connect with Confu next post, first she had to sort of, rediscover herself but next she'll notice that Cofu does resemble him, especially now that she has lineage on the brain, so she'll likely connect the dots even if Confu doesn't say something outright.]

The weight of eyes upon me settles like an odd tingle upon my spine, gathering like condensation upon the morning grass. I pause, lending an ear to the woods who speak in crow caws and rat chatters. The give nothing away, at first, my shitty friends, but in time even they prove some benefit to this forsaken relationship.

The silence stutters as the imposing eyes break my friend's finger with equally imposing feet. I toss a careless glance across my shoulder and in that moment my attempt at sly nonchalance is holstered like a gun in a church. Here has come my God.

I am frozen in this web of disbelief, a fly that ceases to writhe in a fate sealed with a venemous kiss and a captor with eyes, eyes, eyes. My spider crawls forward, my wolf, my "DEMON KING!" I hail. My bead slithers between my bowing knees while my tail does similar between the backward ones behind. I exhale and dust motes stir. The earth's dandruff tickles at my nose and I sneeze.

The motion jerks my head up and against my will my eyes coast upon his glorious frame. I cannot deny I wanted to steal a look. My wants mean little then as I gape in horror, snot dribbling down to my chin like the unceremonious hang of the noose above the thirteen steps. This is not my savior, this is not my king, this is not my father.

I take a step back, visibly shaken. The sight, like a sweet caress of lips to a lover starved is not a reeling slap to the face and my emotions do teeter like a boat at see from going so fast to bow and stern, love and hate. I want to weep not for the absence of him, that pain I know all to well, but for the cruel hope that he had returned. There is no fate so worse as to return hope to that whom has long forsaken it. A drug it shocks my system and I fall back into the abyss of need

"A lie" I manage to stutter out. My body has balled into itself, trying to absorb all my limbs and joints into one shaft of mortal flesh, black and black and white. Lost in my misery I almost do not see the lighthouse calling for me. A spark in the din, if only I were a moth. Alas, I am a bat, blind as can be and flame or glow or light of any kind I do not see.

It is the act of crashing upon the rocks that shakes me from my drowning fate. I understand now the melancholy that has begun to taint my soul like like rust to a fine vehicle. I have been searching for a purpose to enact in his name. Too long I have sat idle, permitting the rust to settle with all my inactivity. I was crafted to pour blood from the living and let the earth drink the dying wine but I have let that elixir sour into meager booze. I have become a shadow rimmed with specks of light rather than cackle with a jack-o-lantern face, emitting light from within and in so, bathing the vicinity in darkness.

I know what I must do now. I need to serve my lord as I have not yet been able to. If I am incapable in striking fear or egregious injury, then I must use what natural assets I have always had. The very ones that flushed earlier and that ignite at just the mention of his name. I must recreate myself. No, I am not so worthy as that. I must re-create him.

His bones lie as ash in that overrun land, unreachable by my magic, but his blood hums in me still and with that I can craft his nature and his form once more.

I smile and the delight on my face is wicked with the jigsaw pieces curling; my lips writhe like worms on a fresh corpse, such is the joy to finally feast on the rot.

Worn out places, worn out faces
No expression, no expression
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

O C T O B E R :

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Worn out nights - by October - 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Worn out nights - by Confutatis - 08-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Worn out nights - by October - 08-23-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Worn out nights - by October - 08-28-2013, 12:23 AM