the Rift

Ghost in the night (Ghost spar)

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Perhaps the best way to put things so far had been very... different. The times of war had begun and the horns were beginning to sound. A large, long, husky bugle was indeed being blown and that meant one thing; we were on the brink of war.

Things had indeed been heating and flaring up like the very fire that I was in charge of maintaining and feeding. Much like the very fire that I had grown... attached to? Sure, why not? And ever since it had flared up into the great big pillar it was I felt a sense of pride, I guess one could say. It was also a symbol and one that I felt that I had been gifted to defend just like my home. So with that, I needed practice.

Just as if my thoughts had conjured the very answer in front of my eyes, my ears flickered and I turned my antler adorned head to angle that shed some light on a feathered friend and family member; he smelled of the Throat and he also smelled of anxiety. He smelled of one that longed of battle and I was willing to give in to train.

My pacing self had left a trail of prints in the sand and my brutishly tall, yet sturdy and stocky self approached my friend into a slow walk. "Excitement stirs your soul, yes? It's mutual. I am Avalon."

With that, I examined my surroundings to see if I may indeed use it to my ability. My eyes were quick and shifty, I was aiming to not be too noticeable. I had the sand at my very hooves to aid me in ways of which my quickly churning brain could only think of. The pillar of fire might could help in a way or another. Other than that, I was out of options. The starry sky might help me to pick out his figure from the rest of the black space if he did decide to take flight. The light from the pillar might assist.

I turned around, then skittered to a halt, only to quickly dart around and charge at my feathered friend. My large body was a result from a unique breeding of a Percheron and Quarter horse. I inherited the muscle and size from my Percheron ancestry and my quick bursts, speed, and agility from my Quarter Horse side.

I used both of these to my advantage as my muscles flexed and I gained momentum, strength propelling me forward, speed accelerating, and I barreled forward. However, I quickly pulled back to try and sling the dry sand to blind Midas, the dust from it should fly into the air and be spread in the air if I predicted it to act as so.

Using this momentum, I then proceeded to whip my rear end around and lunge at Midas with my antlers, a sense of restraint within me as this was indeed my herdmate. My head was arched and close to my body, as well as the rest of my appendages. If I could keep it all within close range, it would give me a better chance to defend myself.

----------------------------------------------------->>>>
Words: 496

Summary: Avalon turns around to put space between her and Midas, assuming he has landed, and with her back turned investigates her surroundings. She then quickly makes a sharp turn around and charges Midas full on, only to then, at last minute, pull back and attempt to sling sand and dust to blind Midas temporarily. She continues to run, turns around and charges again and lunges at Midas with her antlers, head arched.

Attack:: (1/3)

Magic:: No Magic To Use ;-P
image credits

Messages In This Thread
Ghost in the night (Ghost spar) - by Midas - 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Ghost in the night (Ghost spar) - by Avalon - 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: Ghost in the night (Ghost spar) - by Midas - 08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Ghost in the night (Ghost spar) - by Official - 10-06-2013, 11:17 AM