the Rift

[OPEN] Devilish new faces

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

[OOC: It's been more than 48 hours and I've been given the green light to skip Ulrik. Sorry for the length; having a bit of trouble finding inspiration. :-/]

Torleik had always possessed a soft spot for children, and even this little one's painful inquiry into the loss of his home did not dull overmuch his fondness for the filly. Children were the future, the minds to be molded and formed and forged in the fire of life, a way to attempt to right one's past mistakes or continue one's proper path.

He knew that often one's offspring ended up wholly different from the parents, but that was a necessary diversity, Torleik thought. If everyone was the same, the world would be an infinitely boring place. The elder stallion smiled just a little at this Nao's regretful words. "It is all right, Nao," he murmured. "Your question was made in ignorance and I take no offense. I have one for you: who is the Time Mender?" Torleik inquired, having no knowledge of who she referenced.

Nao's words echoed in his head a little, and he wondered...would this truly be his new home? Could he fit in here? Was there anything for him? At the moment, he didn't think so. He felt no urge to remain here, no real welcome - save for this little one's open heart - and no real...anything. Perhaps this was to be expected after running for so long. He had stopped, and now the emptiness set in. Where he had expected mostly pain Torleik instead found a frightening void when left to himself. The pain surfaced when others came around, when their life reminded him of the one he had lost.

Blinking slowly and returning his attention to Nao, he waited for her reply, curious as to her lineage. If this Time Mender had a title, he must be important.

TORLEIK

"The space between our wicked lies is where we hope to keep safe from pain."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Devilish new faces - by Ulrik - 08-24-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: Devilish new faces - by Torleik - 08-27-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Devilish new faces - by Ulrik - 09-01-2013, 12:27 AM
RE: Devilish new faces - by Torleik - 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Devilish new faces - by Nao - 09-08-2013, 02:24 PM