the Rift

[PRIVATE] Hush

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Who am I now? All of those words together in one sentence alone make my stomach churn in styles it wouldn't even like to think of, but it's true. I don't want Mom anymore, the word alone threatens me with a roar inside my chest. Amara was all I had, and what was Tonka going to say to me when I told him the truth? My truth to him was for sure going to hurt him more than I ever wished to ever do.
How was I going to tell him that I was leaving at my first chance, and that I want to spend time soul-searching to myself? My time with everyone, just not with Adrixaura (Oh God, I don't even have the love for her now to call her 'Mom'.) and Tonka (Again, I lack the will to call him my Uncle now, for he never truly was), but with those who shaped me. Sol never played a beginning in my part of life, and Dad, the only family I think I have now, is gone. He seemed to have fallen exactly off the face of the earth, and when I went looking for him in the times I needed him most, he didn't exist. His scent couldn't linger over the glades of grass I forced down my throat while ignoring the pleads for milk.
The question still is, Who am I now?
The sands here can bring back the most beautiful and happiest memories in my life. Wasn't this the place that Amara and I first met? That was a time before the Sun went away, that night being the beginning of this whole mess. We laid together in that cave, watching the rythmic pattern of the waves pulling in while telling each other stories. She spoke of her family, of the Pirates and those before her. That story stayed in my head forever, and when I think of my great-grandparents and their story, I am only reminded of love, something that is lacking in my life at the moment.
Nighttime is no longer bothering me more, and each day/night I'm beside the sea studying what herbs I can find, trying to figure out their purpose and what not. Weaving wraps from seaweed now doesn't seem to hard now, using the glow from my horn to light my way. The horn that I worried about all the time as a newborn wasn't as bad as I thought it would be now. It was truly useful now. It was a beacon in the darkness, and I was able to assist others to achieve their destination with it. This wasn't what I was supposed to do, but when the Sun returned, I was going to ask a god for my magic. Wouldn't that be amazing?
A bird flutters by my head, moving with a such a quick pace that I turn my head and watch it go by in curiousity. "Are you alright? Is there something down there?" In this darkness, you were never able to see what went on where your eyes didn't see. The bird could of been a bother to me, though I had tried to become friends with a bird recently (Yes, a bird. Though we couldn't talk, I tried. Bob is dead, don't you know?), and when I seemed to receive some friendship, they stayed close for a day and left, flying northwards. For any soul that just saw a bird flying north, it wouldn't bother them. It is Birdsong, and birds will fly further north. For me, it seems as if the bird was asking me to go home, back to my family.
Yet everyone knows that I can't. Its a thing that's not possible, and I think it's about time to that they accept that dreadful idea.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

OOC: Awkward serious Sikeax is growing up. <3
@[Kilchii]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Hush - by Sikeax - 08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Hush - by Kilchii - 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
RE: Hush - by Sikeax - 08-26-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Hush - by Kilchii - 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: Hush - by Sikeax - 08-26-2013, 06:31 PM
RE: Hush - by Kilchii - 08-29-2013, 04:53 PM