the Rift

nothing but a traitor

Nox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stumbled across the rocks, sweat slicking my mane against my skin. I shivered, shaking my head.

Me? I wasn't made for this. This hellish heat. It was, I mused, the breath of a fire-giant to his lover. Scorching. Acid. Passionate.

I was, unfortunately, stuck right in between their lips. I twisted my mouth cynically. How fabulous.

To be truthful, I wasn't entirely sure how I ended up here. For one second, there was a flash. A flash of light in the fire and mayhem and madness and blood.
So much blood.

But that flash, it streaked across everything, bathing the world for one nanosecond, with a light so bright and pure that I felt myself falling.

And I landed in a forest. Trees swaying overhead gently. A breeze.

Life.

And I'd just come from hell.

And now I'm just wandering, my skin itching underneath the weight of either the heat, or what I remember from those last seconds.

Over and over I went over what could have happened with that flash. Maybe i had died, and I was now somewhere else. Not heaven. God knows. Hell would be so much more my standard. Yet, I doubted that as well. it was much too pleasant. More like...a fairytale.

It was simply revolting. I found myself intrigued.

And then I wandered, as I was prone to do on oft occasions, and I found myself here. Here, I wasn't quite sure, was a different sort of place. Unlike the cool forest, this was impossibly hot. Unbearably so, were a weaker sort of creature. Fortunately for me, I was not.

I was more than proud of me. I was strong. I was a fighter. I was handsome. Who could resist? Then, on top of it all, I was more than intelligent.

I was a king.

screams. around me. in the air, burning my ears with their hate and agony.

I failed. I failed them all. How dare I? I fed them to the wolves.

what did
I do?

I was on my knees, my head resting against the lava-like ground. My heartrate, speeding, beating, so slow. Nothing made sense. My mind, it shifted, churned.

Then I was in the forest, the green, the sweet air.
The desert, fire. Burns. Agony. A being writhing along the ground. Me? I couldn't tell. All I knew all I could understand was IT. That impossible, unbearable agony.
Green.

My world, it stilled. Pain receded, easily, like water. I felt a tingling awareness of it, before it was gone.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, and stared around me. I was once again in the green forest. Beautiful. Crystilline water lay in a gentle pond before me, fish lazily swiming about. Trees whispered to each other above my head, their branches touching, swaying, dancing.
And I? I was like a chard of glass on a stage. Bound to me stepped on. Bound to bring pain.

Messages In This Thread
nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 08-27-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Eris_ - 08-29-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Eris_ - 08-31-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 09-03-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 12:09 AM