the Rift

nothing but a traitor

Nox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
NOX nothing but a traitor

I eyed the two females. They showed no pity, which was good. Because honestly, what did they have to pity me for?. I was nothing less than perfect...except for that...one... No. I shove it out of my mind, and instead focus on what Kahlua was speaking. I tilted my head to the side, my mouth twisting.

"Healers won't fix something that's not broken." I said, even as I lie to myself. I know something isn't quite clicking in my head. Maybe something fried in that random flash of light. All I know? No one, will get to tell me I'm damaged. I won't accept that. I've always been one step ahead of perfect.
Always.

I won't stop now. Not in a land I've never even heard of before, not by creatures I know so little about. I admit to myself that perhaps her offer isn't completely ludicrous. I know nothing about this strange land. My brain is...well.... And, surely I could always leave if I needed to. But the prospect doesn't draw me in. Nor does the idea of abandoning creatures who help my once I need their help before. I frown slightly. When did I start caring about things like that? Never before did I. I watch closely as Eris glances at Kahula.

I brace myself for her next words. What would she say? And when she does speak, something inside me springs to life. To be in a place where people won't--cannot--judge me? Where they won't sit judgement on every move I make? Not that I ever slip up. But even still... I stared at Eris as her words filled the air. I could feel...an agenda. Something there. I squint, knowing that i should get it. I'm perceptive, always have been.

But she eludes me. It's aggravating. then her offer comes, and I look at her for a moment longer, before I straighten up. I look at this strange yet...interesting female, and pick my words carefully. Respect. The prospect rolls around in my mind like a fine wine. Even as a prince, I didn't earn respect. Nor in what came...after. Always fear. but to be able to earn something like that? How...fabulously absurd. And...fascinating. I look at her a moment longer, before I break eye contact and look just over her shoulder. "I would very much enjoy ... trying out your group." I keep my voice level. I don't want to lay forth any form of excitement or interest. Not until I know for sure I could stay in this place without sacrificing a part of me.

"<3333"

Messages In This Thread
nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 08-27-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Eris_ - 08-29-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Eris_ - 08-31-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Nox - 09-03-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: nothing but a traitor - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 12:09 AM