the Rift

[OPEN] Breathe, It's Over

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Now that the fighting had stopped and adrenaline ceased production, I could feel the pain of my injuries increasing with every breath that I inhaled. There was no way of telling the extent of them, but if I had to guess, the stabs within my shoulder were clearly open and beginning to fester. The cool chill of the wind made them sting, increasing the pain tenfold and causing my teeth to grit together as I grimaced. Coupled with the injury to my left hock from Sage and the tears down that same left shoulder, I found myself unable to properly support a quarter of my weight.

I was bleeding, but I was alive, and that was all the reassurance I needed to know that I could carry on. At the forefront of my mind, my worries were settled on those I called my friends, my family; were they safe? Had they overcome their own foes such as I had? What of Lady Mirage, my rank brother Kaj, my twins? The twins... Laila.

A smudge of memory replayed before my eyes, of her locked in battle with a pale unicorn, eyes alight with the bright fire of a warrior. My chest bustled with pride at what I had seen from my dearest daughter, but now it fluttered with pure worry. Anxiety flooded my entire being, and for a moment, I seemed to forget about my own injuries.

"Laila!!" Baritone voice rang out, beckoning for my daughter to appear and assure me that she was alright. Picking my feet up, I intended to move into an expeditious trot, but it failed miserably. My left front shoulder sank at the first instance it struck the ground, but I was able to steady myself before I fell. Pulling the leg up, I gave a sharp grunt of pain, ears tipping backwards in mild annoyance. Instead, I worked my three other legs to carry myself, doing the same with the left front but snapping it upwards just as soon as it hit the ground.

Onward I went, searching for both my son and my daughter, as well as any others who might have fallen or escaped the invasion with minimal injury. Suli caught a ride on the slow winds, hovering just above me, violet gaze filled with worry. The little dragoness knew what had just happened to the Edge, but it was obvious that they had not fallen today, and now was the time to see how the others had fared. Rising higher into the skies and perching herself upon a branch, she let out a sorrowful dragonsong. As she did this, I again lifted my head, calling out for my children, my family, and praying that they were all safe.

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-13-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Laila - 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-20-2013, 05:55 AM