the Rift

[OPEN] Breathe, It's Over

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Though I knew nothing more of my company than her name, I felt strangely comforted by her simple presence and the words that she had offered to me. She assured me that my warriors and the rest of the herd were all safe, and though I'd hardly consider them a loss, the Assassins were the only thing taken from us on this day. I could only hope that our display of power would keep them at bay and out of our borders for good.

In the year that I had called the World's Edge home, I had learned enough of its history to know that it was the ex-Edge, the unicorns of the Basin, that Hellena was speaking of. My eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the thought of the group I'd heard so much about, the ones who were supposedly behind the deaths of several of my herd mates. Blood boiled within my veins, running hot at the thought of revenge on those who had carried out such gruesome deeds, but with a deep breath I wished such feelings away. I was not a heartless killer and I never desired to become one, even if some souls deserved to be put down on the spot for what they had done to those I called family.

Meeting the violet gaze of the pale mare, my own eyes grew considerably softer than they had been just moments ago. The simple fact that everyone seemed to be alright was enough to put my mind at ease, and Hellena's simple offer of fetching a healer warmed my heart. For a brief moment, my mind wandered to the times of war in Vallhea in which everyone would pull together for the sake of the village. Oftentimes, it was a madhouse; healers scrambling to tend to everyone, families crying out at the loss of their loved ones, and warriors clambering about to help their wounded brethren. How different Vallhea was from the World's Edge.

"I do not need immediate attention," I spoke at last, voice much calmer than it had been minutes ago, "I'm sure there are others worse off than myself. Though... Perhaps you could join me in checking on the others? I would be interested in learning more of the Edge's former inhabitants, if you would not mind sharing."

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-13-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Laila - 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-20-2013, 05:55 AM