the Rift

[OPEN] Breathe, It's Over

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Hellena
No sooner did the steed mention searching for others, and did we set off, did another come across our path. I was a single lass, never had I found one who I felt pulled towards sexually, never have I desired to reproduce - except perhaps with the creator of these lands, the one and only Goddess whom I worship. However, a descendant of hers walks the earth already, the Goddess choosing to take traditional routes to produce an heir to her legacy. It was not something I judged her for - rather, I hoped I would be able to find a suitable suitor to aid me in eventually passing on my own legacy in the future.

Speaking of legacies, it seems we have happened upon Destrier's own blood. I pause my motion to the young maiden, my form seemingly blending with the mists once again as they reunite. My violet eyes travel over the wounds the girl bears, seeing that while none are life threatening, they would certainly be painful. A small frown is apparent upon my brow as my form becomes solid once more, my bodice several strides away from the reuniting family, my gaze sympathetic and, almost, grateful. Why shouldn't I be pleased that those I was (albeit slowly) growing familiar with were going to linger here longer? That my home is indeed being protected by those who clearly love it, who are devoted to it, who find comfort within its misty walls and are more than ready to put their lives on the line to defend it. Perhaps I had it wrong - perhaps they only fought for themselves, for this familial bond they held between them.

Did I yearn for that bond from them?

Wasn't my bond with the lands enough?

"You fought bravely and well, child of the Edge." I spoke, my voice gentle but firm, insistent of the truth I felt had to be said. "Rest easy now, the danger has passed." I attempt to offer some comfort, though I know my words are likely just hollow, empty to these who only truly seek comfort from those near and dear to them, which were qualities I myself did not possess.
in rumor we find truth and in life we find lies, death offers only a temporary respite.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-13-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Laila - 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-20-2013, 05:55 AM