the Rift

[OPEN] Ashes Into Earth

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
So often, he demonstrated his youth. The mare easily forgot, for her own children held themselves with such wisdom, they masked their shyness with gentle curiosity, they corrected their unsureness with a bold ability to question and learn. The mare knew that Dragomir held the same qualities within him, but they were hidden beneath a boy's fears that he would stumble and somehow displease -who? Her? His father? The gods, of his past or his present? She hoped that one day he would learn how to please himself and settle firmly in his own beliefs. When she had first met him, and invited him to her home, she had offered him but a season - a season that had come and gone, and did he intend on staying? The DragonHeart wouldn't question it, rather, she found herself slowly but surely melting to his naïve charm, his -seemingly- honest demeanour and willingness to learn and at least, try what it was she offered. She was pleased to hear his lessons, pleased to hear that as always Smoke proved to be a wise and useful teacher. What pleased her even more, was the fact that while he wasn't necessarily making deep and meaningful friendships yet, he was still trying a little, which was better than nothing at all.

Amusement glittered behind her eyes, shining through the worry and grief that otherwise plagued her golden gaze, as he mentioned her daughter. The silver scaled girl was but one that she suspected would give the stallion something 'else' to think about - her kin would challenge everything he was raised with, she was sure of it. Mirage offered him a small smile at the compliment - indeed, she was like sunlight, though it was a curious observation to make about a creature who was, essentially, a silver dragon. "I am sure she would appreciate the comment. Be sure to let her know that's what you think of her, next time you see her." The DragonHeart murmured quietly, her voice more sedate with every step they took. She knew where the conversation was leading, even if she had spoken with confidence of the situation before. It was but a subtle shift in her, the weariness seemed to weigh down heavier upon her shoulders, as the exhaustion from her fight settled upon her bodice, amidst the constant grinding her mind gave her as recent arguments with beloved friends continued to chip away at her.

"The Basin have been host to a group of supremacists for some time. While I do not wish for them to cease existing, I had hoped that their views would not cause my family harm -that we could live quietly side by side. A foolish hope." She began, her gaze peering heavily into Dragomir's own. He had asked, and she would not hide the truth for what it was. "Two of our own were mercilessly slaughtered by the Basin, with more missing still. I took captive what I hoped would be precious to them, their children, their futures. I hoped to get their attention, to prove that we would not stand idle and let them torture us." A wry smile curved her lips. "I had hoped they would send an emissary before an army. However, an army we received, and an army we defeated." The words she spoke were not prideful, nor were they boasting or mocking. They were merely words, filled with the dry hard facts that he had asked for. "I will seek out the Basin Leader once the dust settles." It was added in a quiet undertone, a promise to complete this task naturally bestowed upon her as the leader, the Queen of this land.

@[Dragomir]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Ashes Into Earth - by Dragomir - 08-28-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Dragomir - 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Mirage - 09-24-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Dragomir - 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Mirage - 10-17-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Ashes Into Earth - by Dragomir - 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM