the Rift

The Wandering One

Esther Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Thick blades of grass enveloped cream-colored hooves as the tall mare passed through land unseen by her. Weaving carelessly through the forests without masking her scent and sound was Esther, a wandering unicorn who had been in search for - what seemed to not exist - a herd to call home. A long, whip-like tail dragged lazily across the ground until the mare came to an abrupt pause. She finally realized that this dense forest was unfamiliar to her. Her bloody oculars shifted frantically around her. Not good, she thought to herself.

Getting lost was definitely not on her list of things to do today. She turned her head and looked back behind her. No trace of where she entered, or how to find her way back. With a heavy huff escaping her nostrils, she faced forward once again. Her tail flicked unnervingly while her right front hoof padded against the ground in her thought.

"Well'p," she spoke aloud, assuming no one was around to hear her, "if I can't go back, I might as well keep moving forward." The unicorn's voice was low-pitched for a female, but it still retained its femininity. In a rather slow, rhythmic pace, Esther pressed on through the forest with her head held high. She convinced herself that she was confident in where she was, but really, she was completely clueless.

Her tall, thin ears swiveled like a radar, picking up every sound around her. All she could manage to hear were the leaves of trees swaying and brushing up against each other and the creaking of old branches. Which was good, but such a silence worried her. Beneath the shade of a tree, she decided to stand and wait. For what, she didn't know. Maybe this was all a dream. Maybe she'd wake up and be with her parents. Maybe she'd be where she last was. Her peach hooves dug at the earth, revealing tiny little creatures that dwelled within the bowels of the ground. They wriggled having been exposed to the sunlight, and Esther was able to distract herself from her current situation for the tiniest moment.

Addressed: No one.
Mentioned: Her parents.
Tone: Wary, false confidence.
Word Count: 361
Notes: This is kind of short for me, but after getting angry at my table not working, I'm not so motivated to write a novel.

Messages In This Thread
The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 09-01-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM