the Rift

The Wandering One

Esther Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"Speech" Thought
Spoken At

Her crimson gaze shown like neon-lit pools of blood, piercing through the dark woods. Esther's ears caught hold of something - what sounded like steps through the forest. She widened her stare and adjusted to the dark as best as she could, searching carefully for the source of the sound. Her ears twitched and her lion-like tail flickered madly. She had a bit of trouble seeing in such darkness; it was a wonder how she managed to locate the tree she stood beside without bumping face-first into it.

The mare's disposition changed from relaxed and curious, to anxious and even alerted. She lowered her head drew herself closer to the tree shielding her from.. whatever could be out there.

"Greetings, miss," ... "Welcome to the land of Helovia. I am Apollo; Chief of the Windtossed Foothills. May I inquire your name?"

Such a gentle voice called out to her. Even the slightest amount of kindness was enough to reassure the wandering mare. Helovia? Is that where I am? The unicorn crossed one hoof over the other and turned herself to face the source of the voice. A long, white horn protruded from the mare's forehead, glinting in what little light was given to the forest.

"It is nice to see a kind face," the mare started with a relieved smile. Her peach hooves took small steps towards the other, until she felt there was an appropriate distance for conversation, "and thank you for the welcome. My name is Esther." She bowed her head respectfully, swishing her long tail slowly, from left to right.

Though, in the back of her mind, perhaps she was too trusting. Not once in her life had she encountered malicious intent and lies - her parents made sure of that the two years she roamed with them - but trusting the stallion before her seemed to be her only option. Not that she was wary of his presence or demeanor, but there's always that sliver of doubt in every living thing.

Addressed: Apollo
Mentioned: Apollo, her parents.
Tone: Relieved
Word Count: 349
Notes: Thank you. ^-^ And thanks for letting me know about the plot, I'd hate to post about sunshine and daisies in a moonlit forest.

Messages In This Thread
The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 09-01-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM