the Rift

The Wandering One

Esther Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"Speech" Thought
Spoken At

"I apologize, miss Esther," ... "Er.... Esther, if you prefer. Old habits, you know? They die pretty hard sometimes."

The overo mare couldn't help but to smile, softly shaking her head. "Please, don't apologize," her tone was as light and as kind as her smile, "I don't mind that you call me by 'miss', it's just new to me, you could say." She confessed her 'informality', so to speak. Her long tail unraveled and flicked away from herself, its long hair waving like a grand onyx banner. Curiously, her garnet orbs watched his movements and his body language as he spoke. It was a wonder the mare could even come off as 'normal', considering she hadn't socialized in so long. Or at least, long for her, since she was such a social creature.

Her smile seemed everlasting as she listened to the stallion speak of the herd. He mentioned their small numbers, but the size of the herd didn't matter to her. It was the spirits of the equine, the everlasting bond that was hard to break between each body, that made a strong and lasting herd. Esther held faith and high hopes; she believed this could be a permanent home.

"The walk isn't terribly far, and once there you can get as much rest as you need."

In her happy thoughts, she became oblivious to his departure, but only for the moment. Esther raised her head high and focused her attention to the awaiting stallion. She blinked a couple times before picking up those peachy hooves of hers, and pulling just behind him.

"The walk won't bother me." She assured, seeing as she's walked for long distances before. Esther looked back over her shoulder as her tail drooped to ground level. She gazed for a while at the darkness behind her. The mare thought long and hard, though her mind was already made up. She'd finally leave her travels behind, her old homes, her parents. There was a part of her that felt the need to stay a wandering mare, but the majority of her body and soul beckoned to be where the other unicorn would lead her. So this is it.

Addressed: Apollo
Mentioned: Apollo
Tone: Kind
Word Count: 348
Notes: Yay! :D

Messages In This Thread
The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: The Wandering One - by Esther - 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: The Wandering One - by Apollo - 09-01-2013, 02:33 AM