the Rift

[OPEN] to see that their nightmares are her dreams;

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Emerald eyes had observed in silence as the warriors of the herd land filed out to war, full of pride and expectation. They had watched as those same warriors straggled back in ones and twos. Some wrought with bloody wounds, others suspiciously clean-coated. But all possessing the air of defeat. Their war had not gone well, regardless of whether or not the individual battles had been won. Who they had gone to fight, the lanky stallion did not know. Did not care. It was not his war, though his decision to not follow his few friends had weighed heavily upon his mind.

At last, he saw one for whom he had waited. Ears tilted forward with concerned interest at the downtrodden way she'd walked, strides grown hesitant with pain while the air was rich with the scent of her blood. He stood, watching, considering, for several long moments before he began to follow. Deliberately he trailed in her wake, muzzle low as he scented the droplets of blood that scattered her path. Whomever she had fought had dealt quite a number upon her flesh. And while he mourned the blood she shed, he quietly celebrated the life she still held.

Only when she retreated to the privacy of her chosen cavern did he hesitate, poised at the entrance. Ears twitched and swiveled as he deliberated. Intrude, or leave in peace? Both had their pros and cons, but only one was truly appealing to the desires of his soul.

So he bent his head, tenor voice lifting in careful inquiry. "Illynx?" My Lady, my friend. Do you hate me for staying here, instead of supporting your cause with my strength and my knowledge? Will you understand that I was being true to myself, or cast away this fragile friendship you've extended to me? So much lay behind that tentative calling of her name, so much that lay deeper than the surface concerns of whether her wounds were clean and not life threatening. Enough so, that he immediately doubted the wisdom in seeking her out now, and not later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: to see that their nightmares are her dreams; - by Ruka - 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM