the Rift

[OPEN] Darling Victory, my gratitude

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage the DragonHeart

Did Mirage truly understand what it was she led? The Qian were strong, of that she had never doubted, for it was built upon foundations of truth, of love, of honour and of a vow to protect one another. They had protected their home this day, they had proved once again that they were where the power lies in this world. They had triumphed, time and time again, and they would only continue to grow as new blood was born, or joined their ranks. The Dragon's Throat, their allies and comrades, had not come to their aid - but Mirage did not think negative of them, rather, she wondered just what might have caught their attention. The thought of their mutual enemy having attempted to thwart both herds at once had occurred to her - that was half the reason why her brother had ventured south with the youth, to ensure their safe passage. The Qian had survived regardless, and she trusted that the Tuuli would as well.

The bowing of the Goddess' elegant tiara was received with surprise, swiftly followed by a humble delight. The time since the Lunar Lady's warning to trust only in those they knew had been tumultuous - how many threats had the herd dealt with, and triumphed, since? The Assassins' original founder was found rotting in their prison cell after she had declared intentions against their home. Since then, numerous others had tried to make off with assorted members of the Edge, and then when challenged directly, fell to the Qian's might. Mirage maintained that she had acted only when provoked - they had made the first insult, and they paid for it dearly. Now, in the wake of the war, they had all left her lands, and she was glad for it. She only hoped that they learned their lesson this time, and would not attempt to steal the lands the Qian so obviously deserved.

Another arrived, her words were quiet. Mirage's attention shifted to the newcomer, a face she did not recognise, and for that, she felt a pang of regret. Always she was busy with the affairs of running a herd, ensuring the masses were safe, and often sacrificing time she would have otherwise spent building a more solid relationship with those who followed her lead. Mirage tilted her tiara to the youthful girl, acknowledging her words with a whisper of a wuffle, before politely redirecting her focus back to the ethereal presence of the Lunar Lady before them.

A gift?

Had the Goddess not given her enough already? To Mirage, the Moon had guided her entire life. She was born beneath it, raised beneath it, and forevermore, she longed to find herself a home that allowed her to feel near it, always. When Mirage thought of the Moon Goddess, she felt gratitude, for if not for her, this land would not exist. If not for her, she would not be allowed to rule here, to live here, to reside, to survive, to thrive. And she wanted to bestow upon Mirage a gift?

The night?

The night?

"My Lady," she began, barely able to articulate the flood of emotions rolling through her. It was at this time, when her emotions were close to getting the better of her, that the mare composed herself - mostly for the other equine that was present. She knew, that no matter what, the Goddess could read all that went on in the very depths of her shadowy, devious mind, and so the mare smiled a small, knowing smile at her Goddess. The sculpted crown that held her brain gave a small nod, as the mare expressed all that she could not verbally communicate directly to the Lunar Lady through her thoughts alone. Outwardly she was impassive, a façade of stony indifference, but inside, she whirled with gratitude, with honour, with awe. "You honour me, and my kin," was all her voice sung with its smooth, honey-lyric tones, knowing that the Goddess would understand the true depth of gratitude and worship she felt for her.

[[ ooc :: I would like it to be an item, please. If possible, something like this, with could be wrapped either around the dock of her tail or the cannon bone of one of her forelegs - up to you ultimately, however :3

Thank you so much <3333 ]]
image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Rishima - 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM