the Rift

[OPEN] Darling Victory, my gratitude

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Moon god like quote here~

The goddess smiled kindly, though she knew her time here had to be shorter than she would have liked. Darkness had such a poor connotation to it; she was always seen as lesser, as the one who brought wickedness. Moon believed that she was merely set in her ways and confident in her abilities. Evil was not something she desired, but it was a balance. The world needs both to survive, and unlike her foolish siblings, she understood this fact of life. Still, the moments when the victorious, beautiful souls who followed her won were moments that made this world worth creating - worth her efforts to ensure its survival.

She had promised Mirage the night, and she would deliver. An internal force called the mists toward her until they densely converged just in front of her delicate face. Carefully, she wove the mists until they hardened into a substance that looked similar to gold, but it was far from being an earthen metal. Upon close inspection, the material itself would seem to move within its shape, but it would never break, melt or distort - for this was her own element.

The goddess moulded it carefully, ornately, into a slender band that would easily sit on either her foreleg or tail, but for now, she chose to accentuate the sturdy pillars on which Mirage walked. Once the piece was affixed on Mirage's person, the goddess smiled softly. "Now, the night will follow you, child of mine," she said softly. "With this trinket, you bring the moonlight and the stars, even during the peak of day. May it serve you well, my dear."

When the other one spoke, the deity smiled patiently. "Had I the time to stay and chat longer, I would," she said quietly. "But there is much to do in my brothers' absence, and I need to focus my efforts on returning them back safely." The goddess then noticed the sister of Mirage approach, and she bowed her head to her as well. Rishima seemed to have gained some insight into the other mare's mind - insight that the goddess had overlooked.

The mood god stared at the child, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "When I have the time and effort do devote to granting wants, child, I will make myself open. Now is not your moment. Today is in honor of Mirage, her victory and her sacrifice." Moon smiled at Rishima then. "My return has been a blessing even for myself. I am not sure what is going on with my brother of time and his disasters, but when I am needed, I will protect you, my followers." The goddess patiently stood, though it was obvious now that she had matters to attend to. Even the moon above seemed to be growing dim. She sighed heavily. "When the world is out of balance, everything in nature needs a constant push," she murmured.

"I shall return, my followers. Your efforts will never be overlooked."

Slowly, the goddess started to turn transparent, her body becoming nearly the same shade as the mist.

[[I made it a gold leg band in the post, but if you wanted a different color, you can pick!]]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Rishima - 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by God of the Moon - 09-11-2013, 09:55 PM