the Rift

[OPEN] Before the storm.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Worrying times. We won the battle, held off the unicorn spawn. Our brothers in the Edge also saw success, dragon warriors came home with tired, wounded smiles. There would be a moment of silence, a moment of healing on both sides. Still…I knew it couldn’t last for long. Dragon’s Throat was without Sultana’s, Kri and Sumati hadn’t made an appearance yet. Hector had vanished right before battle. All of my most trusted warriors and mentors, save for Guacho. Were gone. Onni returned from the Edge to fight for our home.

I found myself turning to her for guidance in absence of a second General. She knew war and healing, a boon to our family. Not to mention the steel nerve inherited from Kri. Through her words and various others I gathered that Kri had been kidnapped by Basin folk, all attempts to retrieve her had thus far failed. A troubled heart was further set to beat by the new notion that Foothills had been involved in the recent invasion on our allies.

It was tempting to storm into their winter home with a hoard of fighters, steal our leader away and destroy the Basin with one fell swoop. Wisdom gave youthful desire reason for pause; it was better to bind time. Wait and see, at least for a little. I stared into the darkness, Cera and the others were safe. Fina was safe. One would think that alone was a reason for celebration—but my heart didn’t feel gladness. Only dread, as if this was the quiet before a storm. In silence. I watched the moon. Alone and with my own countenance for as far as I knew.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Before the storm. - by Midas - 08-31-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Gaucho - 09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Sohalia - 09-01-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Midas - 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: Before the storm. - by Gaucho - 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Sohalia - 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Before the storm. - by Midas - 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM