the Rift

[PRIVATE] you'll be in my heart [Resplendence]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

His teasing vocals are clearly not the right words, for she merely shakes her head and numbly declines the compliment. He swallows, hard, for he is afraid of making a mistake, of losing her. It has been such a short time - well, no, nearly a year it's been now, hasn't it? Not so short a time, after all - and yet he cares so very deeply for her. He, the flirtatious, unclaimed prince, flitting from mare to mare with never a second thought... he was never meant to love, never meant to fall so hard for someone, and yet... and yet...

He presents the necklace, and Zarina assists, settling in to wait on the mare's withers. There is only silence, and the prince feels his heart drumming against his chest. It feels as though it might beat its way out of his chest; he swallows again, his violet gaze searching, almost pleading. His mouth is dry, he notices, like sandpaper; he wonders if it will affect him when he speaks again. He can see the emotions flickering across her eyes, and for a moment it is as though he can almost see her thoughts. He knows of her past, he knows where she came from, and he knows that she struggles with the remnants of feelings long lost to the endless embrace of death. He is patient - he will wait for her; but it's so damn hard when he can see her love for him in the midst of all of her pain.

She speaks, finally, and the breath that he doesn't realize he's been holding is released with a soft sigh. It's not his fault, she tells him, and he allows her to say it, though he does not believe her. It is his fault. He has watched her grow and blossom within this herd, watched her begin to find friendship here; he took that as a guarantee of her safety, and left her for an afternoon, only to return to find this. It is a hard lesson, it's true, that he cannot leave her side for fear of catastrophe striking, but it is one he is glad to have learned. He will not leave her unprotected again, and so his gift becomes even more useful.

She accepts, and Zarina chitters cheerfully. The marmoset weaves one end of the necklace into Resplendence's mane so that she can scurry beneath the fae's neck and up the other side, using her banner as a ladder. Sitting one more upon Resplendence's shoulders, Zarina latches the two ends of the necklace together, chirping her satisfaction. "You did good," Zarina tells him through the bond with a rush of affection. Well, he corrects her, amusement and relief in the thought. I did well. But it is no more than an errant thought, for he knows he has a long way to go yet.

She thanks him; she loves it. His heart lifts hopefully as she says 'love,' for he wants more than anything for her to love him. For her to admit that she loves him. "Anything for you, my lady," he promises her softly, brushing his muzzle gently over the necklace, then beginning to lip at her neck, gently and soothingly massaging his was to her poll. He hopes that the motion will calm her, will help her to relax so that they might find Smoke and the other healers with her in a state of calm. But she's not done; "I lo-" she starts, but cannot finish, and his motion pauses noticeably, startled at the almost-admission of her affection. And then she was crying, and bolting away, and for a moment he thought he must have pushed her too far, must have done something to upset her, but then he sees her sobbing, quaking beneath the tree that she has unceremoniously backed into, and he understands.

"Resplendence," he begins, stepping confidently closer to her, no longer afraid of scaring her away; his voice is again like a caress as he says her name. "You are beautiful," he whispers. "You are everything to me. Everyone has scars, my lo-lady," he almost said it, almost, why can't he just-? "Yours are just more visible than most. And that makes you who you are, my lady, and I... love who you are." It's not quite saying it, not quite, but it's so close - oh, so close. And he watches her intently, mere inches away from her, calmly and hopefully gazing into her eyes. "I need to be around you."

@[Resplendence]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 07:54 PM