Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

She speaks of watching another die. Her voice breaking. Explaining how she only wished death for herself. She sees his shock. She sees his pain. He's gaping at her. And she can't force herself to continue on. She shakes her head. She simply moves onto the gift he had given her. The gift that proved to her that he loved her. The proof that shattered her fragile mind even more than before. She wanted to accept her emotions. She wanted to be able to tell him she did love him. But it was a battle she didn't know how to fight.

As she backs up, glazed over in emotion and memories, she feels something stab into her hindquarter and can feel the blood as it trickles down her leg. She shakes her head and her voice falls out. Broken. Shattered. Torn. Unusable. The tears won't stop. The pain isn't even registered anymore than the fact that she realized what had caused it and leaped closer toward the wood in an attempt to gather it again. But she's crying too much to do so, she can't even make it out among the ground. And again, Quil is at her side. He won't let her leave. My lady. Sadness is his tone of voice and she finally manages to pull her gaze up toward him. Ashamed, and broken and unfixable. But he made her happy again - when she could get past this thought of betrayal. She didn't know she had been speaking her thoughts out loud. No. She had thought they had simply been fumbling around in her brain. So, as he tells her to stop moving for fear that she will injure herself more the first thing she does is, but of course, move. She moves closer to him, burrowing herself up against his chest and then wanting to hide her frame. To try and forget what had been bumbling around in her brain. Listen? Not broken? Lovely? Wonderful? Bright? "But I am..." she muttered as he continued on, telling her she could be anything. "Except the one who saved those I cared for..." she choked out before he said that he would be whatever he needed him to be. But, he would always be here. "You can't make that promise. Ciro made that promise. He couldn't keep it..." She cried, whispering as she glanced up to him. His voice lowered, gaze softened, and he touched his muzzle against her wet one from her tears.

Princess. That one word broke her completely. "God. Quil..." she cried, pulling up closer and closer to his side. A shaky breath came in. Gently, she reached up, snagging onto a piece of his mane and tugging on it. It's not a betrayal, Princess... You have to move forward sometime... The herbs. They had to be making her lose her mind. But that, combined with Quil calling her Princess allowed her to start to break from her old, forever tortured position. "I love you.... I do. But I can't lose you too..." she whispered, the tears stopping but another form of wetness came pouring down from the sky. The Earth God was back, apparently, for a huge downpour of rain has begun to fall from the skies and soaked the pair where they stood.

No thunder. No lighting. No panic yet. Just a blissful cool. She had finally admitted it. Maybe she could actually move on now and be happy....

591 words
SHE ADMITTED IT

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Resplendence - 09-02-2013, 12:44 AM