the Rift

[PRIVATE] you'll be in my heart [Resplendence]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

Nothing he says to her is getting through; his thoughts batter around his brain in frustration. "Calm," Zarina tells him reproachfully. "She hurt. You no help." The marmoset is right, of course, and wise beyond her years. Resplendence is aching with a pain that he cannot fix. He knows this. He knows. But, gods, does he wish he could! He wants to be everything to her. He wants to dry her tears. He wants to shield her from hurt. He wants to be everything. He wants it desperately. "Resplendence -" but she cuts him off. He cannot make that promise, she says. She's right, in a way, but in another, she is wrong.

"Resplendence, I - " This time it is her actions more than her words that silences him, for she is burrowed once more against him and her warmth brings that new but familiar adoration to his limbs. His wing gently pulls her closer, providing shelter and stability. She tugs gently on his mane, and he presses his forehead to her nape, closing his eyes with a sigh. He breathes her in, and is momentarily content; but when she says it, his head snaps back upright again. He stares at her, a wide grin slowly spreading across his maw. It is the wrong time to smile, he knows that, but she said it! A laugh bubbles forth, full of success and excitement and glee, and he quickly moves to drapes his nape over hers, pulling her even closer in an equine semblance of a hug.

"Gods, how I wanted to hear you say that!" he exclaimed softly, his muzzle lost in the tangles of her mane. "Resplendence, I cannot tell the future, I cannot pretend that I know with a certainty what is going to happen to me, or you, or anyone. You are correct; I cannot promise you that I will be physically right here by your side every moment of every day. I can promise that everything I do is for you; I can promise that I will do everything in my power to be everything you want and need me to be. Resplendence, I love you! My darling, the future may be terrifying, but this moment, right now - is this not what we ought to live for?" He withdraws, moving to lip gently at the locket hanging from her nape. "This is my promise to you: whenever you want me, whenever you need me, I will be there, from now until I draw my last breath.

"I am yours, my lady."

@[Resplendence]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-02-2013, 12:58 AM