Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

Res shuffled her feet, moving in closer. Saying he can't keep that promise right after he says her name. Again, he says her name and starts a sentence. But, with herself burrowing up against him he stops. Gently, he lifts his wings, causing her to shudder and flinch only to fall back against his side again. He pulls her closer. He hides her from the world. So, she gently tugs on his mane to get his attention. He presses his forehead against her nape and lets out a small sigh. But, as soon as the words leave her mouth it is as if the world has turned around and been spun upon it's axis. His head shoots up and almost has her bolting away for a second until she realizes that there is nothing to be running from - simply his amazement at the fact that she had said it. That she had said those three words.

A grin is spreading across his maw and he has begun to laugh. He pulls her closer, wrapping his neck across hers and tugging her tightly against him. She winces, feeling a sharp pain in her shoulder but doesn't pull away from the embrace. She doesn't have the fight to care about the pain. He speaks about how he can't tell the future. He speaks of how he doesn't know what is specifically going to happen. How she is correct. He asks if this moment is what they ought to live for and she can simply bob her head. He withdraws from the embrace only to lip at the locket hanging off of her neck. That was his promise. To be there when she needed him until his last breath. "I just... I can't lose you, Quil..." she said, burrowing her head back in his shoulder, feeling as the rain slides down her face and along her neck, some of it going into her wound. "And please. Don't blame yourself for my wounds..." she said, her eyes closed before she remembered him saying something about his own necklace heating up. "Where... where's your necklace?" she questioned, pulling back and glancing up toward him, head tilted gently to the side.

372 words

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Resplendence - 09-02-2013, 01:21 AM