the Rift

[PRIVATE] you'll be in my heart [Resplendence]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

Ah, how easy it is to lose ourselves in our own delusions. Yes, she has said the magic words, has declared her love for the prince; but does she feel it? He will not question it, not so soon after she has made his heart swell with the glorious overabundance of emotion. Perhaps he is too blind to question it even later, when he realizes that he has not once seen a true smile on her maw. Perhaps his upbringing has left him senseless in this regard; he believes that what he wants to happen will happen, simply because he is a prince, and that is the way of the world. He does not understand that it is not the way of this world, that pretty pictures may be ruined by harsh realities that creep up during the night to steal away the happiness.

But our dear prince will not realize the depth of his would-be lover's confusion, for he has not experienced it, and so he will not know of her doubts until, perhaps, it is too late.

He closes his eyes to breath her in, to wrap himself in her scent and her presence and her love (real or imagined, how would he know the difference?), and for the first time since he has entered these lands, he feels that he has truly come home. Oh, how he adores this little mare with the luxurious mane, tiny and fiesty and fearful all in one, this Lady that needs him so desperately and yet not at all, for how can she need him when he needs her even more? He feels that he might burst with the joy of it all, though he knows it is misplaced emotion as chaos and terror reign around him. But is that not when we feel our happiness most acutely? Has it not been said that without fear, and pain, and loss, we would never feel happiness, or love, or pleasure?

"I am here, my lady," he assures her again, for he cannot promise her the future when she so quickly turns it down. "Let the future be; it will come when it comes. But I am here now." He nuzzled her gently. Zarina finds herself on his back now, having fastened the necklace around Resplendence's nape. In her paw she holds the other half of the set, glinting gold in dim light. The rain falls, and it cleanses him (though his bonded grumbles softly, for it is messing up her fur), almost as her words did. "It is here, my darling," he tells her as the marmoset repeats the process of fastening the necklace. He peers at her, his eyes searching for hers. "Always."

@[Resplendence]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: you'll be in my heart [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 09-27-2013, 05:17 PM