the Rift

[OPEN] A Glance Into the Abyss

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

The dark viking of a horse was slowly settling in, find this Helovia to be an interesting place. Antisocial as he was, the stoic stallion knew he should begin to network. In order to know a place, one must know those who resided within it. If he was to call the Aurora Basin his home he needed to approve of most of its inhabitants. Would he actually take the time to meet them all? Likely not. That would require far too much effort and socializing, something Torleik was decidedly against. He spoke to others most often for simple need; they had something and he required it, whatever it be: knowledge, wisdom, information...in extremely rare cases, affection.

Perhaps that would be something he found here. Snorting at his moment of foolish sentimentality, the dual-horned demon continued his slow path, exploring on his own since Ulrik's surprisingly helpful introduction to things in this place. Torleik wondered if he had made a friend. He was not used to having friends, or those who would stand with him. Would Ulrik stand with him? Truthfully, he doubted it. They had not been through any forging hellfire to solidify any measure of loyalty.

The ground here was not as snowy, the air not as bitingly cold. Casting his glacial blues about to observe his new surroundings, Torleik caught sight - he thought - of another presence. Perhaps I am not alone here. So many seem to skulk in the shadows in this place... he mused. The newcomer with the lightning bolt-like white mark down his face set off towards this unmet creature. The wind was not in his favor, as it blew his scent towards his mark rather than theirs towards him. Torleik could not discern whether this dark-coated figure was male or female until he was practically on top of her - and as soon as he was close, he was very aware it was a her.

"Pardon," he said simply, looking over this mare. She was a good deal smaller than he, though dark like he was. She had four white socks on her feet, he noted, cocking his head to the side briefly, and a white stripe down the center of her face. She was very much a unicorn, as her horn was quite long and dark, and...had a rune engraved at the bottom, his sharp eyes noticed. For a moment, something in his chest stirred. Another with a rune on their horn? Torleik felt somewhat connected to this mare because of that, having found very few others in his lifetime with such markings as he. Her air was aloof and cold, but that did not put the Friesian off; his was often the same. It carried with it a tinge of something regal - perhaps it was in her glowing amber eyes that drew him in. She was beautiful in a dark, unapproachable sort of way.

"We have not met. I am Torleik," he said with a bow of his anvil head.

@[Psyche]

[OOC: I seem to remember seeing something about Psyche's horn being snapped off somewhere?? If I'm remembering correctly, then this is before that. Before any invasion stuff because I have no idea what all happened with the most recent invasion, since I sorta came in during the middle of that crazy stuff. Apologies if that's a problem! If so, then I'd assume the base of her horn is still there and Torleik could still notice the rune!]

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
A Glance Into the Abyss - by Torleik - 09-01-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: A Glance Into the Abyss - by Psyche - 09-17-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: A Glance Into the Abyss - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: A Glance Into the Abyss - by Psyche - 10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: A Glance Into the Abyss - by Torleik - 10-17-2013, 09:11 PM