the Rift

[PRIVATE] Brotherhood [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 I've got the eye of the tiger.</style>

Everyone found their place in time. Some early on, others later; eventually all would dance their spotlight song. If only for a moment. A single moment that might be chased away by hardship and despair. In those seconds of bliss, the world felt right—nothing was questioned. Lately it had become harder to find quiet moments, to rekindle my assertiveness. Magic returned and the Throat was growing stronger, recovering from battle. Kri hadn’t come home from the North. Hector was still missing. In a sense, it was myself and Onni that ran our fronts. Though more frequent questions arose from the center of our family, soon it wouldn’t be enough to tell them anything. Soon, they would cry for a replacement—and who would carry the weight of our torch?

Onni perhaps?

I flew across the land, daring to draw closer North than I had traveled in months. The Heavenly Fields soar beneath, fresh greens had started growing again. They thrived under his touch even without a sun. My gaze is searching, though not for the one they are about to meet. ‘Kri’, I thought. Have you succumbed to their pits? She wasn’t here of course, no breath of her fragrance or sound of her beating wings gave my senses a reason for hope. Something else was alive tonight on the steep platter of earth below. I saw him, my horned brother from the clan of my Mate. Ktulu.

‘Take a number,’ my overburdened mind hummed. Sit on the same crap pile as me and wait your turn. To many worries, not enough answers. I leaned forward and landed at a solid trot that upturned soil and sparse grass, “Hail friend and brother,” I said cheerlessly but kindly and happy enough to still be called a fair greeting. My muzzle extends to brush across his in an exchange of scents.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Brotherhood [Midas] - by Apollo - 09-01-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Brotherhood [Midas] - by Midas - 09-02-2013, 08:51 AM