the Rift

[OPEN] day has not yet dawned [Phaedra]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The endless night continues, as black as ever, my ivory pelt standing out starkly from the darkened skies. My wings beat gently, barely having to work to keep me aloft as I ride a thermal that I didn't expect to exist. They were always present in the day, before the gods disappeared; to have them at night is rare, and so I relish the ability to soar while it lasts. I don't know when I will find another, unless I venture toward the sea, and I do not intend to travel that far from my home. Not now. Not so soon after the invasion. I sigh as I coast, my head and heart troubled by the events that transpired. The Throat had been invaded by unicorns - only unicorns. It hit to close to home, since that was how my parents died; racist unicorns flooded out land, murdering them before my eyes. It was only through luck that I had escaped...

As if that isn't enough to bring the fear of the gods into anyone's soul, word has it that the Edge experienced a simultaneous invasion, comprised of the Basin's unicorns and the Grey. Phaedra. I know her and love her; I cannot understand why she would partake in such a catastrophic event. I don't know if she did, in truth; I was not there, I did not see it, I did not see her. But if she did? How could she fight against those she loved? How could the Grey ally themselves with such monsters? Why would they attack a herd that has given them no enmity? Why? Why?

The thermal drops off, and I drop with it, losing a few lengths before the flapping of my wings stabilizes me. I am tired, I realize suddenly, though I fear it is mental exhaustion more so than physical; nonetheless, I bank to the left, allowing myself to drift steadily lower in a wide spiral. The ground approaches; I flare my wings, pausing my momentum and allowing me to set myself daintily on the ground, where I flutter my wings a few times, settling the feathers, and then fold them easily to my sides. Birdsong has treated the Heavenly Fields well; I can feel the spring of fresh grass beneath my hooves, and in bright light, I would no doubt see the myriad colors of the flowers that bless the earth here. Instead of straining to see, however, I simply lower my cranium to the ground and begin to graze.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Phaedra]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 11-12-2013, 09:39 PM