the Rift

[OPEN] day has not yet dawned [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
I'm going to show him what a little girls are made of
Gunpowder and lead</style>

As Soh's muzzle gently brushes against Phae's, a warmth spreads through her weary body. It is like nothing she knows - this feeling of friendship. Does she have other friends? No...not truly. Ophelia couldn't properly be called a friend, nor Tor. And the males in her life - Levi, Apollo, even Tio at one point - they all wanted her for something else. Friendship it seemed, was always an after thought. Even with Tolio - there encounters began as passionately as they seemed to end. There was nothing friendly about their relationship at all - it always burned brightly and vigorously, etching emotional scars where ever it went. But this...this was different. Perhaps it was a sort of affection that Phaedra felt for Soh - her snowy friend was subtly beautiful - the way a doll, or a finely spun piece of glass might be; although Phaedra thought Soh was sturdier than she seemed. So no, not just attraction there was...something deeper, something more stable in the warm pulse she felt, as Soh gently greeted her.

Persistence, perhaps? A sort of...trust?

As Soh began speaking, the thought tumbled from Phaedra's mind, but the warmth in her breast persisted, nonetheless.

"Zenobia.." She mumbled softly, as if trying out the same. "An interesting name. And...her father?" Her head tilted slightly, unsure if the question was perhaps inappropriate or not - at the time, Sohalia had been worried about Note...although Phaedra hadn't heard of the winged-stallion returning. Who knows, perhaps her beautiful friend had tamed the beastly stallion who sired young Zenobia.

As Sohalia continued, a look of dismay instantly wilted Phaedra's perky gaze. Her chest, where Res's wound had been inflicted, suddenly throbbed anew, and unconsciously she reached a wing forward to gently rub the area.
"These alliances...they...Ktulu made a contract with the Basin. We were called upon when they invaded...I don't believe any of the Foothills entered the Throat but...we were sent to the Edge...I-" Her voice trailed off, as her lithe form shook slightly as she tried to hold in the emotion she suddenly felt emulating from her wound. She had joined Ophelia, at the offer of family and protection. But she never believed that their small band would end up as it had - killers for hire. Especially aligned with a bunch of racist Unicorns. It made her skin crawl to think of what had happened - to see the frightened morgan in her minds eye, shrieking and throwing things at her from the mists below.

With a racking sigh, her head lowered to chest level. "They sent me Soh. Me!" Her tail swished against her hocks, as she closed her eyes to try and blot out the ramifications of her actions. But the Edge was not lost, nor the Throat...only the Grey's reputation.

@[Sohalia]

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: day has not yet dawned [Phaedra] - by Sohalia - 11-12-2013, 09:39 PM