the Rift

[JUDGED] Catfight [Phaedra *Hybridized Testing*]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

She has seen the change in Circe, and had been glad for it. If her attitude alone couldn't rile the mare up, at least something she said, had. She would have felt even less at home here, if she had been cast off like some indignant child - if her anger had been given no audience. At least having Circe engage with her, felt like it somehow justified her anger. At least she was paying attention.

Her characteristically dazzling smile broke out across her muzzle, as Circe began to march forward. For a split second Phae marveled at how the mare was able to extend her forelegs like that - surely Phaedra's own spindly limbs wouldn't do much damage should she try the same. Noting that Circe did not appear to mean to stop her march should Phaedra's body prove to be an obstacle, the golden spy trotted forward a few steps, with wings extended. She jumped into the air, as if Circe's kicks were merely small jumps for her to overcome. Leaping over the first kick, her body was angled towards Circe's right shoulder - so that the spy would not leap directly into the dark mare's horn. As Phaedra's hind-end passed where she assumed Circe's right shoulder to be, she kicked out with both legs simultaneously, hoping to charlie-horse the muscle should it be extended in a kick or at least cause a bruise. Her creamy tail snapped to and fro as she passed, hoping to deter Circe's head from turning inwards and trying to skewer her with that horn.

"Better a princess with a fairy, than a dog on a chain." She sneered. It wasn't in her nature to be truly so crass, and although naming her a princess, and Tolio a fairy wasn't even really an insult, the spy assumed it was meant to be. And after having just been battered by a mare who indeed threw sticks and stones, Phaedra would not let these words hurt her. Landing only a few meters away, her body still glistening in the moonlight, Phaedra pivoted around, aiming to once again be facing Circe head on. "But even Loretta was let off of her chain. Where were you ?" The last part of her statement held only a confused honesty - all malice had left her sing-song voice.

Standing with wings outspread at her sides, flanks heaving slightly from the adrenaline rush of having been charged at by a mare much larger than she, her sea-green gaze regarded Circe with confusion.

Compliment? Stella offered from the tree's, sensing her bonded's question. A silvery laugh escaped Phae's lips, as she looked from her companion back to Circe. "Stella thinks that I should take this as a compliment. And maybe she's right - you can't even hit me, can you? No wonder Archibald sent me instead of you."

If he had sent Circe, Phaedra realized, all of her doubts about the Grey would have been confirmed. Phaedra had been a part of this family longer than both of them - but who had gone into the battle? Rafe and Archibald were of course obvious choices - but Artemis? Janus? Hana? All relatively new to the family, and unproven. Was this indeed a compliment from Archibald? That even though she was not a skilled warrior, that she was trusted, above those fledglings? Trusted more than Circe?

It was a comforting thought, but it was not alone in her mind: Was it perhaps that she was simply expendable, in a way that Circe was not?

[WC: 598
Attack: 1/3
M&C: 0/2.
Summary: Phaedra jumps over Circe's first kick, her body angled towards Circe's right side. She tries to kick with both hind-feet at Circe's right shoulder, and snaps her tail to try and deter retaliation from Circe's horn.

Phae's Stats for reference.
Phaedra | AndyxArab | 1VP
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Agility: 7
Endurance: 6
Offense Item: 0
Defense Item: 0
Amulet: 0
Magic: .5
Companion: 1
HP: 23.5 x2 = 47

Defense: 9 (includes +1 from sneak rank)
Attack: 5.5
Damage: 6

@[Tamme] - Roll please! :3 ]

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away, in the dark?
Cause I've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Catfight [Phaedra *Hybridized Testing*] - by Phaedra - 09-03-2013, 09:31 AM