the Rift

Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN]

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
My senses are alive as I witness the forest around me. Off in the distance I can hear animals scurrying about and birds chirping. Everything around me is completely foreign, and that awakens every ounce of caution within me. Who knows what being could be lurking within these forests, and what desires they may have. A snort escapes from my nostrils and I swivel my ears back and stop myself from the slow walk I had been moving at previously. I turn my head this way and that. I begin to ponder what the inhabitants of this land are like. Would there be others with the eyes? Eyes that he just knew could see into the very soul of others. Only I knew what wickedness was harbored inside these monsters hearts, I had witnessed it. Images of the eyes, oh god, those eyes flash through my mind. A flash of rage shoots through my body and I feel myself growing tense. The present moment was not an appropriate time for explosive behavior, I needed to push through the images and move on.

I begin to walk once more, I hope that the movement will distract my mind from my thoughts. Memories complicated things at times. But I can never allow myself to suppress them. Without my memories I will forget the truth about those with the filmy eyes.

A twig snaps and I jump and whip my head around. I look down at my hoof and notice that my right front had stepped on a twig. My ears swivels back and I snort loudly. I don’t dwell on my foolishness for long, and quickly begin to move through the forest. What my destination is, I am completely unsure. There are endless amounts of possibilities of what may lay at the end of this forest. This land would of course be full of sinners, just like every other land within existence. A pang of hunger strikes my stomach so I stop. There is a patch of grass not too far from me, so I move toward it and begin to pull up the strands of grass. Once I feel that I have eaten my fill, I move on. This land holds a promising atmosphere for the very least sustenance. I must also admit, there is a certain beauty to the forest. The sound of birds is a refreshing sound to my ears. I forget about the potential threats that may be lurking in the forest, and tune into their songs.

Loudly I begin to hum a harmony to a particular’s bird tune. My eyes move slowly over the branches of the tree, seeking out what potentially is the bird I favor. When nothing comes into sight I forget about the creature. My eyes drifted back out to the forest, and I silently wondered what monsters may be creeping out from this land to greet me. I swivel my ears back and glance around, forgetting about the song that had previously entranced me.

Messages In This Thread
Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Vulture - 09-02-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Lena - 09-02-2013, 06:51 AM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Seele - 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Vulture - 09-02-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Lena - 09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Seele - 09-07-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Vulture - 09-08-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Lena - 09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Seele - 09-15-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN] - by Vulture - 09-17-2013, 11:57 PM