the Rift

[PRIVATE] Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

He smiled at her expression when he'd called her sweetheart He didn't take offense at the glare, especially not since she was inclined to join him in laying down to wait out the storm. Further, she obliged his questions with an honest-enough answer. The stallion flicked his white tail so that the strands fell down once more in an arch across his legs.

However, when she revealed he had unwittingly insulted her, he lifted his head and gave her an apologetic glance. "Sorry, miss. I just was really hopin' the game of catch me if'n ya can is gettin a bit tiresome an' I hoped it'd be over. But they didn't put him on trial er nothin' justdragged 'im around like a trophy and then released 'im. It was quite infuriatin'." He snorted, deciding, spur-of-the-moment, to elaborate further after she had expressed her loneliness.

"I know what ya mean. My homeland was caught in a great cataclysm and sank 'neath the ocean. I know only that my father survived. He's hereabouts in this land. We both washed up on the beach and wandered about, lost an' helpless fer several days afore we received direction. Of course, we didn't do these things together- in fact, it's him what I've been looking for. He done some awful things in our homeland, an' i intend to make sure he pays for them... In blood, if nothing else. In the meantime, miss, I know perfectly well what it's like ter be lonely- when my homeland up and sank, a lot of my friends were killed. I've had ter deal with all kinds of heartache and homesickness." He paused, hesitating over a clearly painful memory and then plowed onward.

"'Specially cuz the last I saw of my homeland was my dead dam." He appreciated that she was keeping a level head. It made it easier to converse, and easier to forget that they were trapped together in a small archway made of ice that was warming up by the power of their combined body heat. It wouldn't be enough to melt said ice, but at least they'd be cozy.

Artemis, played by Sei

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos - by Tharos - 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM