the Rift

[PRIVATE] Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

He had covered many mares in his time and had recognized immediately the subtle changes in her scent. He did not act on his first instinct, however, knowing that she was delicate and that such actions had the potential to ruin their budding friendship. She was one of the first friends he had managed to make in this godforsaken land. He wasn't about to ruin that by acting like a pig.

He chose his next words carefully as he watched her staring at her own reflection in the ice. her question cut across his unspoken sentence, however, and he had to stop and think a bit longer about what he could say to that. "Not anymore, no. When I first came to Helovia, I was taken to the foothills, but when I got there, they were under attack. I couldn't just stand on the sidelines and watch their defenses crumble, so I ran to help them. The battle was lost before it was begun, however. When it was over, I was kicked out. I've been on my own for a long while ever since."

He shifted his position to lean against the opposite wall of ice and his ears pricked to listen to the silence outside. Wait a minute... silence? "I think... I think the blizzard is over." He said as he made to stand up, his ears pricked forwards to catch any sound from outside. Nothing. It was peaceful out there. He turned around and began to buck his back hooves at the wall, attempting to kick it down. The first buck was met with nothing- the wall didn't budge but to crumble where his hooves met the snow.

The second buck was met with better success- the entire wall of snow shook and a chink of bright sunlight streamed in through the top as the snow cascaded down on his back. A third buck and now the wall seemed to crumble down from the force of this repeated onslaught. Fourth, and the hole was nearly big enough for a pony to squeeze through. Fifth, they could see the bright blue sky and the surrounding landscape which was covered with a thick fresh layer of snow. Sixth, and Tharos was beginning to feel a cramp in his back right leg, but he paid it no mind. A great rumble shook the pile of snow as it crumpled, falling in on itself to flood the tunnel with snow. The wall had turned into a chest-deep drift.

Now the drift was up to their chests, and Tharos turned around. He pressed his chest against the snow drift and struck a leg into the pile, he cut a wide path through the snow, limping heavily on the cramp in his right rear leg, and once he was out and the snow was only halfway up his cannon bone, he shook the excess flakes from his body where they had encrusted his grullo coat. He then turned his head toward her and nickered.

"Come on out, the sun feels great!"

@[Artemis], played by Sei.
<3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos - by Tharos - 09-10-2013, 05:32 PM