the Rift

[OPEN] Dust to Dust

Iosui Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

There was a warmth to the air in these types of days, when the wind blew flower petals at you and all you wanted to do was walk around and hum a soft tune. In the cold, brisk airs of the Basin, she was longing for a good escape, a break into freedom that would result in her relaxation, and then after, finding someone to help her bathe. She was good enough not to get herself dirty, the white, pristine coat her most prized possession. Other than her horns, that was.
Iosui never needed to be like the rest when she was suitable and found herself beautiful just the way she was. As a child, she was a fiery chestnut that greyed out fast to a small white mare who bore two red antelope horns on her forehead. They never grew to be that big, like everything else about her. She could live with the idea of those who looked down upon her, even her brother did so. Being the small one in the family always carried a heavy burden, with a light baggage of happiness.
She had stood and watched as the members of the Basin ran out to battle, knowing full well that her small size wasn't going to get her that far into the battle. Instead, she slipped out through the mountain pass, and headed south with them, wishing to follow them just to make sure that everyone was alright. Psyche and Illynx, the two beautiful mares who were kind enough to allow her to return home with them had probably gone into battle as well, the only friends she was considered to have in the tundra leaving for war. War for the snowflake mare was just watching it from afar, never getting to close for it. As a child, her mother told her that her body would always be too frail for that type of wear and tear. Instead, the stealthly ways weren't that bad, and she needed to get out and find some information without having to get close to them too much.
Now, there was a lack of burden anywhere, as the mists touched and smoothed her coat. She bathed in the moonlight, enjoying the fresh and awakening it brought to her soul tonight. This place was close enough home that it wouldn't be too much of a difficult task to come here when she wanted, to relax and soothe the soul. A form of mediation, if you must define her actions.
Something dances about in the distant, words spoken in a questioning, almost monotone voice. The pair of small ears she carries faintly captures their mumbling. Her response was completely different than what the owner might not of wanted, but it was a song she hummed in her head, reminding her of home and how it was nice to sing that song with her brother.
"So long ago, I don't remember when,
That's when they say I lost my only friend.
Well, they say she died easy of a broken heart disease,
As I listened through the cemetery trees."

Her voice slides over the fog, it's soft tone creating an eery feel to the air. What might of gone through her companion's ears at that time seemed useless to her. She came to let her soul breathe, to escape the trapped feeling of the Basin, only to have words spoken to her in the darkness.
At that moment, she could of never known the other soul was of her home, having never cared much for them. Yet when her small form began moving through the mists, white body becoming a ghost with deathly red eyes that held a black band around them, she could of been frightening. It was display that was useful to her when it came to the lower species, or could she even define them as a species altogether? A glint from the Moon brings her attention to a shimmer, a horn standing with it's owner in the pale cloak of night. She blinks, once, twice, and then no more before a soft sigh is released from her parted lips. A lock of white curl falls from her forelock and over the horns, cloaking their small bodies underneath until a pair of red tips appear.
Underneath her voice, riding along the mists and moonlight, are more of her song.
"I seen the sun comin' up at the funeral at dawn.
The long arm of human law,
Now it seemed such a waste,
She always had such a pretty face.
So I wondered how she always hung around this place."

OOC: Feel free to kick me out if this is for someone. <3

Soft words of Angel, secretly laced with cyanide.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-02-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Iosui - 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-05-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Iosui - 09-08-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-11-2013, 10:29 PM