the Rift

[OPEN] Dust to Dust

Iosui Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She listens to herself sing, the words coming naturally to her lips. The one that accompanies her is allowed to her sweet serenade that calms the night, bringing them an uneasy silence. A distant bird takes to a song with her, their tunes colliding until she hears his words gracefully dance over the mists and fogs that cover the ground, reaching her with ease. At first, her reply is not with words. Instead, she smiles to him and lets a faint blush take over her white coat. The night took her blushing face and hide it away, their scents of ice and snow choking the air between them. There is no gait to her legs, replaced by easy feeling of relaxation and pinches of content.
"Thank you. I didn't expect much of company tonight, definately one of my own herd. One would think that we were all out to take down those who stand below us, and the ones with horns that go low enough to align themselves with them, but I believe staying home to watch the palace is a better task. Though, it seems neither of us is doing very well at that task, are we? If you'll keep it a secret, I will as well." She offers a gentle smile that sweeps over her face with grace, the small white ears mounted upon the top of her head perched forward towards him, red eyes filled with curiousity and contentness. The curiousity of her is set towards him as of who he is exactly when his name is broken to the pair without much note. His name was Roland, simple and kind upon the vocal cords and mind. Her own name was more complex but held so much meaning to her as her brother heralded it upon her. There is a chuckle from her as he says it, happy to know that her herdmates had easy to remember names.
"Roland? What a simple name; I like it. Well, my family called me Iosui, but you are free to call me Io. We seem to share a few common things: a horn, our professions, the place we call home. Might I ask what brings you out here with myself?" Her name could easily strike a good memory upon him, her ghostly appearance and small size leaving the best of marks upon all that happen to come across her. A few steps are taken towards him, her thin legs cutting through the low lying clouds that clot the earth and tall grasses that fill this area. Even from far sight, it is easy to tell that she is in no rush and with no need to be anywhere important. Conversation sounded lovely to her as far as it went, thoguh for her companion, their part in the nighttime play was just as important as her own.
When she is able to come close enough to him, her black banded eyes lock upon his only for mere minutes, only to make there wasn't too much emotion from the pair. Her actions were blunt, careful, polite, and well watched. His seemed of those from a gentleman, which brought a smile to the mare's face. "Please say, how does the night affect you? How long has it lasted? Each second in this, I feel as if I should be chasing an foreign light just to have that warmth once more. It is not fire that I seek, maybe it is sunlight that may be beyond even the most distant peaks. Do you think that the light is still there where we can't see it?"
Questions fill the grap between them, her voice agile and swift as it bursts through silence and slices it with a knife. The white pelt she bears plays her even more ghostly as the Moon breaks itself from beyond a cloud.
"I don't think I may accept night much more after this."

Soft words of Angel, secretly laced with cyanide.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-02-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Iosui - 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-05-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Iosui - 09-08-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Dust to Dust - by Roland - 09-11-2013, 10:29 PM