the Rift

[OPEN] Changing Thoughts

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My snout was pointed high in the air and my paws lifted off of the snowy grounds. Ears were folded back and my tail was held straight out as I pranced in the wonderland of ice. My orbs of fire scanned the white landscape. My magic was once again, not working making my pelt look black as the night sky. An uncomfortable coldness wrapped around my body and seemed to slowly be squeezing me, until there was nothing left to crush. A pink tongue was hanging from my maw and huffs of warm air were streaming through my throat and out my jaws in a cloud of smoke. Black nostrils flared as the freezing air rushed into me, chilling my lungs.

I was not used to this type of weather. My fur was brittle and short on my back and every small breeze that flowed in the air weaved through my pelt, sending chills crawling all over. Even in the winter, the Dragon’s Throat was never that cold. The most that would happen there was a small blanket of snow or a layer of frost, making it so that you could not feel the soft sand under your paws. However, I had not come all this way for a walk (if I wanted to walk, I would have just traveled to the Thistle Meadow or someplace like that). I’ve heard that the Basin was located around here. I had never been to the Basin before, and in my whole time of being in Helovia, I have only met one Basiner. They did not know me, and I did not know them. I could easily mask my identity and call myself a Lone Wolf. They would never know. Now, I know what you are thinking, ‘This girl ain’t an informant or a shadow or a sleuth!’ I know that I was not but… would it really hurt to try and get some information to bring back to my home with me?

A crowned figure how came into view. I immediately assumed that she was with the rest of the racist ones. She had black fur with a splotch of white on her face and a dot of white on one of her withers. A soft rumble rose in my chest but quickly faded as I approached her. I would not tell her my name, but not where I came from. For if she was a member of the disguising Basin, she could run me out.

A friendly whimper was released from my maw as I stood in front of her. An innocent smile was played on my face. “Hello there, crowned one. Can you tell me where I am because I am afraid that I am quite lost.”

talkingggg

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Changing Thoughts - by Antheia - 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Changing Thoughts - by Ayaka - 09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Changing Thoughts - by Antheia - 09-12-2013, 07:06 AM