the Rift

[OPEN] Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Calm. One word reached the air with an authority that was not something one could necessarily fake. Res's head turned directly toward the voice and the horn sent her reeling back a couple more steps, almost tumbling into Kahlua in the process only to catch herself at the last second. And, as soon as she had started to collect herself, recognizing the scent of the Edge and of war on his pelt she heard his command again. He had fought for the Edge in this invasion - he was not the one who had killed Rowan. The image forever plastered in her brain. Her voice slowly piped up, weak and uncertain, "Y-yes sir!" she said, her hooves beginning to scurry forward as the next words fell from the double horned one's mouth. Think carefully? Drop the dagger?! Was he crazy? No. She was not going to drop her dagger!

She felt the comforting touch of Kahlua, and gently bumped her maw to the mare's shoulder. It would be fine. He would not attack her. And, if he did - well, hadn't she fought originally to die? It was just coming a little later than expected. Her lock bounced against her chest, agitation and panic settled deep in her frame as she shook her head. "I'm not dropping the dagger. It is staying in my tail..." she said, attempting to sound strong, even though her voice wavered the more she tried. And, then she scurried past him, giving him a wide berth so that she could tell if he began to charge her again, as he had the second in which she had arrived.

The elder's words were floating in the air again - speaking of how we did not take kindly to strangers in our boarders, and asking why he had ventured here. The black one's name filled the air by the time Res had reached the mare that was curled up on the ground. Panic attack? Most likely. Her breathing was heavy, fast. Her eyes were glancing around at all of the equines as they came in closer and closer. "Are you oka-" Res started to ask in a hushed voice only to see the creature's head collapse into the water, sending a splash into the air. Res bolted back a few steps, eyes wide in panic at the sudden flood of cold water that was splashed onto her face before edging back in closer to the mare in the water.

Her eyes were closed, head almost submerged, and instantly Res pulled up on her forelock, starting to pull the head out of the water before glancing out to the other people. Using her knee she propped the equine's head on her bent like as she knelt down in the water to keep the creature from drowning while unconscious. Res's voice pulled out into the air - a little stronger and much smoother than before. "Someone. Can someone please help me get her out of the water? She'll drown otherwise. It looks like her heart was beating too fast from a panic attack and there wasn't enough oxygen coming in with how she was breathing... Seems to be nothing more than anxiety at the amount of creatures around here. But, she still can't stay in the water..." she explained, her eyes glancing between Kahlua and Paladin for the help. She could keep the creature's head above water and begin to help drag her out of the water. It was one or the other - she would need help for the mare to reach the shore again.

607 words
._.
Res isn't brave guys XD
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Torleik - 09-03-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Echo - 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 02:26 AM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Kahlua - 09-13-2013, 11:11 PM