the Rift

[OPEN] Light the way. (Felix, Altair) FINISHED!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Once airborne I felt a little better about the world, less worried about the strange mare that had given me some evil eye stares. It was easier to simply abandon myself into the wind, let my feathers slip along the breeze in a lovers embrace with little effort from their master. A strong Southern wind pushed us toward the ocean; toward their soon to be home. A home that had lately become like my personal weighted cross to carry. Who would I introduce the new blood to? Currently myself and an absent Hector were supposed to be managing military affairs—both outside and inside the clan.

To occupy a troubled heart and equally stressed mind, I called out above the wind as we flew--attempting for a little conversation, “Were do ye both hail from?” Trees grew sparsely when we left the Threshold, but shinning moon flowers and the goddess herself lite our path with that same eerie, yet hauntingly beautiful glow. Below us looked like something straight out of a foal’s bedtime tale; glowing plants of light, silver balls of vibrancies in nearby shrubs and baby trees. Of course, at this point the light was needless to one who had lived for months in nearly total black. I could have found our borders without the aid of celestial god and actually at one point had been forced to fiddle my way through the dark.

Eventually the grass and remaining trees gave way to sandstone and red dirt. The ground flattened considerably in a way that was familiar, our desert was lite by a brilliant light that could be easily seen at our current distance. Our saving grace, the fire from Sun himself. It shot straight to heaven, pushing past cloud cover until it disappeared much higher than even the most agile Pegasus dare go. The wall was also below, shadowed and unfinished. It had become an eyesore for us and curiosity for newcomers more than anything else. Glancing at my flight companions with a tired smile I announced loud enough to be heard, “Welcome to Dragon’s Throat.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Light the way. (Felix, Altair) FINISHED! - by Midas - 09-03-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM