the Rift

[OPEN] Light the way. (Felix, Altair) FINISHED!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
They both seemed delighted enough, I felt my responding grin widen. A gentle but knowing flame came to life and melted my golden gaze; they were unburdened foreigners. Without care, without worry. It was always this way, travelers seeking what we had…though sometimes, it often felt that I was reaching out like a small plant vainly stretching its leaves under the shadow of a grand oak. Stunted and nourished to a higher purpose. We lived for such a short time….

“So you and this ‘Onni’ are in charge?” he asked, dancing around with obvious nerves and childlike eagerness. I nodded but held my response long enough for him to add, “Where’s your king? Or does this land have no such leader?” A hard knot formed in the back of my throat, brows narrowed just a little as I swiftly swallowed it down and put forward another boast of easiness, “Aye, we have Sultana’s. I am one of two Generals. Our are currently away on…business; hopefully they will return soon.” It wasn’t a lie. For all I knew, Kri and her Sinbird was doing some sort of trade elsewhere. Though rumors pointed that Kri was being held in Basin custody.

The quieter one spoke up now, my attention flickered but body didn’t pause its calculated march toward their new home, “In the forest, you said the Gods are returning. How long have they been gone, exactly?” A strained sigh formed as I tried to remember the last time we had seen the sun. Voice offered an answer in the same tone that had been thus far used, no hint of frustration or annoyance could be found or felt within it, “The Gods have been absent for nearly two seasons…or so we guess. Time has altered itself, it is hard…” I pause, thinking for a moment, “Hard to measure its passing in the sense of days or weeks.”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM