the Rift

[OPEN] Light the way. (Felix, Altair) FINISHED!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
“Understandable,”

Felix appeared to float an inch or so above ground by the grace of movement; yet, those tan feet remained firmly planted to shuffle red sand this way and that. A warrior’s dance it was. Which lead me to think as he danced about, that his nibble legs could prove useful in our ranks. Ivory tendrils struck painted quarter with a lazy slow motion, contrasting upbeat swings of said ballet. My ash lips held their natural curve, and though I wouldn’t participate—I could at the very least enjoy the diversion of watching another share their raw delight. “It’s because you’re a stick in the mud.”

That humorous voice touched my mind, it was feminine—soft but somehow very direct, straightforward. Fina soared high above us, her orange body darkly shadowed and nearly invisible when totally cloaked by night. She watched and listened to my thoughts with an impassive dry humor.

I didn’t bother responding to her snipped comment, this joy wasn’t mine to express. He was thrilled I suppose, thrilled to be rid of the forest and its darkly lite trails. The notion of lacking leadership didn’t appear to cross his mind, or dampen spirits in the least. I stole a glance at Altair and saw that he was watching said sibling with steady, but quiet amusement. That look was something I could relate, it was the stare of a wise but loving man. Pausing my slow walk I regard the pair kindly, their travels must have been hard.

“On our way into this land, we lost track of the time easily, we have no idea how long we were wandering that forest,” understandably I shrug in a way of saying, “who could tell?” Honestly, none but the Gods knew of seconds, minutes and hours. We had only watched the sun’s location to direct time flow on this mortal plane. “If it is okay, we a probably rest. We have been travelling for a long time…” Acknowledging the brother with a curt nod I returned his bow in a slightly less formal salute that arched my thick neck until chin touched chest. Felix mimicked his brother’s gracious manner in a way that I was more accustomed to. Both bid farewell, “What my brother means is, thank you Midas.” My face softens and I gaze turns to one of humble amusement, “Aye, and you are welcome. Rest well brothers.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Felix - 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-10-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Light the way. (Felix, Altair) - by Midas - 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM