the Rift

[PRIVATE] Misted journeys

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

War had come to my land.

And not just in the form of warriors knocking on our borders, demanding that we flee while they take the lands for themselves. I am not one to fight intruders - if they deserved the lands, they would win whether I fought them or not. It seemed that these intruders, some who had previously been ejected from these very misty trees, were to be denied once again. I watched over them all, observing them like the very lands observed the battles. I felt each blow that pounded into the earth, each droplet of blood that spattered into the misty air, each sway of the trees as they bowed and bended in the wind, curving over their victors and shunning their enemies. I accepted the lands' judgement on these intruders, trusting that my beloved Goddess would illuminate for us, the ideal path.

The presence of my Goddess had never been stronger. Her return to the skies above us had been a comfort, though I felt the monsters that then broke into the wilds. I embraced the sensation of the mists permeating through me, feeling myself become that which I read the future in. Once I was no longer whole, but a mere misty, hazy outline, I moved, dancing amongst the trees, using the breeze to guide my motion. It took me high, above my home, over the cliff's edge that rimmed us. Salty air tried to break me apart, but I remained the outline of a dainty unicorn as I surfed the thermals along the coast. I was drawn towards the rocky outcropping that was the Veins. Very few times I had visited here, always finding the deepest confines of my misty home to connect me more directly to my Goddess then their broken shrines every could.

On my journey, I happen across a strange avian creature, one I have seen a handful of times before. Gryphon, the thought cascades through my misty crown like a wispy breeze dancing through trees. My foggy bodice disperses and reforms, my elegant chassis carving a misty path around the avianic feline. I look to the rocky path that leads to the broken shrines, I see the blood that has been spilt in the moonlight. As my bodice descends from its windy heights, I see the obscured body of one who is bleeding, her body ripped and torn, her spirit battered and bruised. I hope to land before her, an outline, a memory of an elegant and refined unicorn. Then I relinquish my hold upon this gift of misty mystery, and become a pewter, silver statue of a unicorn. Though I was no creation of stone, but a living, breathing monument, a bearded and pure representation of my species.

"I am Hellena, of the World's Edge. Come, follow me home." My words were simple, soothing, welcoming, but honed with an edge of a command. I mean to help this poor creature, if she would allow me.

[ @[Hespera] ]

Messages In This Thread
Misted journeys - by Hellena - 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Misted journeys - by Hespera - 09-04-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Misted journeys - by Hellena - 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM