the Rift

[PRIVATE] Misted journeys

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It was only as the mare hobbled her way closer to me that I realised the full extent of her injuries. It was not tears of saline that dripped from her façade, but tears of crimson, thick blood. Her bodice is ragged and torn, ruined and broken - it pains me just to see it. Sympathy creases my brow, though the mare could not see that, her eyes were blinded - she needed aid, aid that I could not give on my own. I watch her reaction to my words, her obedient advancement towards me is welcomed. Though she is clumsy in her blindness, I easily avoid the dangers of her horn, extending my muzzle to her, so that she might feel me, know me.

I wondered whether the gryphon I had danced with earlier had any relation to this mistress. It was not a true wild gryphon, like the resident one in the Edge, Merakerr, this much I knew for certain. I have sinned, my lady, her voice whispers, as subtle as the mists that linger around the elongated extension of my tail. I breathe a deep sigh, as if I am absorbing these sins she speaks of, and with a long, slow exhalation, I release them. Thank you, she murmurs, stronger this time, as if a burden was slowly lifting from her shoulders. "All sins can be repented." I say in return, my voice soft and gentle, but telling no lies that such a task could be monumental.

What were the sins she spoke of? The curiosity with me was palpable, though I did not voice it, not yet. I simply whicker a low song, encouraging her to follow my steps, as I slowly make my way down the path. The journey to the Edge is far, too far for this injured belle, but we were close to allies. Those of the Edge embraced a gift to travel across the lands as mists, as I have done, and I wondered - if I were to gain this mare's loyalty and love, would she be blessed immediately with the same gift, and be able to travel as I do? "What were you seeking at the broken shrines of the Gods?" There are many questions I long to ask, but I ask the one that would hopefully lead to my discovering the most about this poor, broken mare. I was not one to offer redemption to just any - those in my herd would know that much of me. I wished to know if she was truly worthy of my attentions, and the gift of a home that I could offer to her.

[ @[Hespera] ]

Messages In This Thread
Misted journeys - by Hellena - 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Misted journeys - by Hespera - 09-04-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Misted journeys - by Hellena - 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM