the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before anyone has to bleed

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

This mare's choice to ignore him until the last possible moment caused Torleik to raise a brow. Did she wish so strongly to be ignored that she would rebuff his attempt to show some modicum of care? If so, that would be fine with the stallion; he could just as easily move on and reserve his commiseration for those who would appreciate it. Her attention was momentary, fleeting, dismissive. Perhaps out of stubbornness, he called out to her anyhow. She turned, then, and he felt a small sense of accomplishment. At least he was being acknowledged now - and his curiosity at the new faces he met everyday was hard to quash down.

Her grin seemed layered and Torleik's eyes narrowed fractionally. Was she another crazy one? He would remain on guard. Her answer intrigued him greatly and he took a small step forward. "And who is your - our - patron god?" he inquired. It seemed there was always some preoccupation with the gods here, like a forcibly oppressed people under the thumb of tyrannical divinities. He wasn't sure he should choose one to worship, if that was the case. But the moon and tides have always been good to you, as has the sea... his heart reminded him, and Torleik could not argue. If he should meet the moon goddess he would pledge himself to her; it was an inevitable servitude he would gladly enter into.

The perceptive stallion noted this woman did not meet his eyes for very long and he wondered why. He was not attempting to be intimidating, though it often occurred without his meaning to: he was large, dark, dual-horned and usually quiet. He was hard to read, he had been told, and it made others somewhat uncomfortable. She finally introduced herself and he dipped his crown in a small bow of greeting. "I am Torleik - according to Deimos, I am a conscripted soldier of the Basin." That she was a thief, and sported the title, was curious to him. Such a thing was not usually a badge of honor. "What does a thief do for the Basin, exactly?" Somewhat of an obvious question, but the blue-eyed demon had learned long ago that on occasion, the most obvious of things revealed interesting complexities if probed.

TORLEIK

"All those times before when I was just another face among the others, keeping secrets to save myself - I could blend into the background and savor the unknown. I could practice preservation and hide behind this shell. But my god's unleashed on a world that is falling down; my god is a beast that will not let me give up now. I know I'm all or nothing."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM