the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before anyone has to bleed

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
no kidding >.> hopefully they aren't so gloomy in each other's company all the time.
@[Torleik]

The dark lady wouldn't murmur that such a time would come. She did not know. No matter how much you wanted to escape pain, get to the silver lining, it didn't happen over night. It may take time that seemed eternal. Since she had come to Helovia it had helped her recover her soul, but it had also made it tear in places she had not known pulled apart.

"I honestly don't know. Questions for the Gods. I never witnessed them myself. They were kept from entering here, where I remained most the time." When Sielu had been born she hadn't dare venture far from home. He was right. It didn't make sense how the doubles had gotten here. Living, breathing creations with their own thoughts. Another world filled of the same beings was something not exactly unfathomable, but made her mind more puzzled. A feeling she rather avoid. There was twist to her ears, catching the names of his own horrors from home. Undead or not they both sounded horrendous, and dire. The thought such things existed perched a coldness on the nape of her neck. The red maned couldn't help but shake her head, trying to rid the sensation. "I can't imagine." How she would try not too. "Perhaps when the sun returns, I would be better equipped to hear more stories," she added with a lighter current to her voice to ease any guilt. It was not as if he brought the very creatures here, and stories of even of ominous things enchanted her. She happened to enjoy happy ones a little better.

Again, he would answer another of her questions.Could she hear any devotion to his voice? Not exactly, but the familiarity of the same daughter of night must have been nice to have when coming to new lands. Never had she held to one God as there was only so much known about them. Only one stuck out more than the rest in Helovia, but she had not written the others off. The Moon Goddess made her a little wary herself, but they all had good and bad. "I wish you luck. I would like to meet each, if to know them, but I think they will always remain somewhat of a mystery. If it helps they do have children as well with half mortal blood I think to help bridge the gap." Faelene had assumed Mesec was not the only one, because she didn't picture the others letting one exist. Especially, only of their sister's. While she had actually met another, she had never asked Hototo about his family tree. In fact, it had not dawned on her because she had never met the God of Earth or she would have been suspicious of the familiar features.

Since the talk changed to lighter topics she let the the idea of possible war, reasons for conscripted soldiers hang at the back of her mind. One of certain secrets, and rather see her companion as ease she didn't say more on the issue. Nothing was set in stone at this time any way. She was unaware of the full extent of plans. She had her part, and she was still mulling over how she was going to accomplish the task. If she failed she wasn't sure if that would change things or not.

It was easy to accept such a light stroke because Torleik was a Unicorn and meant nothing more by it. Once even the same circumstances would have seized her muscles, filled her veins with fear, made each action a thought out process. Now she found comfort in form of physical contact, and realized how she had missed that too. Tolio had broken her of past habit with his brotherly hugs. How she had grown use to Sielu caressing her muzzle, bumping her nose to flank, and merely hanging close to her side it was misery without it. Without her gentle voice seeking answers. The red maned wondered why it hurt so bad giving pieces of her heart away. Shouldn't they not belong to her any more, so she wouldn't have to carry the pain?

To reality, he drew her, and she shifted her stiff haunches, giving a point to let her eyes move from his to the surrounding trees when she spoke."If you say so. I just know the things that make us, we keep inside shouldn't be taken or forced. Since I'm an informant I like to think anything you say is because you want to share it, not because you feel obligated to." The red maned didn't possess any magic but invisibility to help her in the department. Listening ears were used often. When she was often sympathetic, quiet, thoughtful, and earnestly curious too she found others talking without holding back. Rarely those things were faked, at times they were and she was always questioning herself. What was real and what was not. Or if she was good, or pretended to be.

Whether if it was the shade of his blue eyes, or how again the edge of his lip would tighten at mention of his brother she sensed how he had to put up his own wall. This she didn't blame him for. Walls were meant to protect, and she was no judge of the state of his own heart. Whatever was left of it he must want to keep. It made her smile sadly for everything wrong on both their parts. Yet, despite the partial worry to his gaze she did not regret offering something of solace. Didn't everyone need a little understanding? A shoulder to be offered? How she often done for the red soldier she had brought to the Steppe. Tolio and him were day and night, she thought, but maybe what made them the same was their good hearts. Hearts they didn't completely hide. That's all she could think about when he embraced her in a similar way her red brother always had. A simple gesture that made her feel less small in this world that someone cared enough to offer kindness and understanding in turn.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 11-19-2013, 09:06 PM