the Rift

[PRIVATE] a knife in my back.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The last push of my hooves into her, and the battle had been claimed in my favor. Of course, it would be just about now that the feathered bodies of other pegasus sifted through the trees of the Basin. Their faces looked to me with questions, hope, but most of all, with a look of fear. I am battered, I am injured, but I am still strong. I am still their Commander.

"Kri, we have been sent from the Throat to collect you from the Basin," the first speaks, his voice almost shaky as though his throat quavered with the wind. "I am not in need of rescuing, as you can tell." My head nudging in the direction of my captor, much more beaten and worn than I. "There is something else. Unicorns were seen heading south, from the World's Edge, past the Heavenly Fields and toward the Heart - toward the Throat."

My eyes widen, and I turn to look at the battered, crimson maned bitch. The question written clearly upon my face. Both my home and that of Mirage? I could feel the sinking bite of the knife within my spine. I could feel them twist it. Steal the Resolute, keep her from going home, and wage war upon her beloved allies and home. Had that been your plan, shadow bitch? All the flowery words speaking of only seeking to return a lost member of my herd to my side, they were all lies.
I should never have trusted a snake.

"Take her prisoner," I say, toward the bleeding and injured girl with the silver horn. "We return home. We return home now."

Travel had been slow, for I was injured. I gritted my teeth through much of the pain, but I care not how our horn-headed little companion was faring. She was not of my concern anymore, now that we have loyals to carry her for me. Strong warriors of the Throat falling in line behind my hooves which tore at the earth unpleasantly, eating the miles between myself and the Dragon's Throat, but not soon enough. Upon our arrival home, the sand is painted crimson, but there are no sword-headed assholes to greet me. Pride swells in my chest, for I know that we have survived this. If the Edge had been taken, we would return it to the proper hands. All in good time.

"Find Sumati, Midas, Hector and Gaucho," I say, my commands curt to all four of the pegasus who had accompanied me from the North. "Shadow, as well, if you see her. If you see Onni, tell her that I will come when I am ready to be healed."
"I will watch over our guest."

In the week or so that we had traveled, the cuts upon my shoulders had healed into angry scabs, the bruises swollen, but I was alive and free. Now, all that was left to do is wait. Wait for the arrival of my loyal protectors, for me to place my gratitude upon their heads.

[ For those wondering, Sica has agreed for Faelene to be taken captive.
The three pegasi mentioned are NPC's.

@[Faelene], @[Midas], @[Gaucho], and @[Shadow] ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Gaucho - 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Faelene - 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM