the Rift

[PRIVATE] a knife in my back.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The silence ensued between I and the crimson maned lass, though it was to be expected. I had nothing more to say to her - not after the sort of treachery she had displayed. Many may accuse me of being manipulative, a liar, yet I am nothing but straight forward and honest. Lies poison the soul, make it irretrievable. Once your silver tongue begins crafting lies, you have lost your path. Your honor is shattered, and any words from your lips hold no weight. The thing I hated most in life is a liar.

However, my anger was silent, subdued, for Faelene's body held the weight of my anger already. No longer did I have the need to punish her for wrong doings. The dark colored mare may not be honest, but she held fast to her beliefs. Even I can respect that.

The shriek of a phoenix races ahead of my friend. As the dark face of my general comes in view, I smile openly, the taut frame of my face lifting into one that was almost joyous. The solid gold of his eyes gleaming even in this damned darkness, I felt at peace. If I could trust anyone within the Dragon's Throat herd, it is the golden heart of Midas. "General," my voice hinting at his formal title but caring warmth upon each breath. I let out a welcoming breath at the touch of muzzles, reaffirming our friendship for a brief moment before he notices the flame-maned maiden standing a bit away from us.

"It is good to be home."

The appearance of Shadow is like a moving portion of the night, hinted at only by the sound of hooves meeting sand. The glint of something from her mouth catches my attention, but I would never forget the shape protruding from her lips - the shape of Psyche's horn. The DarkEmpress had tussled here, then, instead of the Edge. A bit personal of an affair, I think, but judging by my Shadow carrying her horn as a prize, I know the victor. The only question, was the dark queen of the north dead? I fucking hope so, but my hopes are rarely answered.

My face does not contort in pain as the mare extends a nudge to my sliced shoulder, only an appreciative smile of the warm welcoming. I am much less worse for wear when compared to my opponent, so I need not grimace today. "They aided in her transport," I say, nodding my head back toward the red maned girl. The spy's question makes my eyebrow raise at her, though I cannot answer before the silky words of the dark mare reach out first. I look back toward her, somewhat surprised by the answer. Despite her serious attempts to keep me locked away, the unicorn mare accepted her fate gracefully now.
A sound defeat, but I am still not satisfied.

"Call it a personal grudge, Shadow," I say, my voice serious and dark. I do not break my gaze away from the face of the silver-horned unicorn. "I do not appreciate being lied to." She would stay until I decided she would leave here. Perhaps she would be useful at some point later on.

Next, the thundering arrival of my Sergeant reaches my ears. I turn my crown and greet Gaucho with a curt nod before I give him a warm smile. Despite his rough and tumble nature, Gaucho was always respectful, if not always able to eloquently express that respect. "Brother," I welcome graciously, before looking around the missing faces. "You keep.... yew-nee-corns out. Bring new yew-nee-corns to Kri or Midas, okay?" I say to him, my voice rolling slow. Onni had told me to be distinct and purposeful when speaking with the caveman Sergeant, and since my gentle daughter had the most success with him, I figured it would be worth a shot.

We had been standing for long enough that my winged kin, Sumati and Hector, would have been able to arrive. Where were they?

"Were Hector and Sumati present at the invasion?" I ask, my eyes turning toward Midas with a worried expression. Had they defended the herd or abandoned us?

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Gaucho - 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Faelene - 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM