the Rift

[OPEN] I knew you were mine

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Their trek to the Foothills was long and painful. Archibald's own steps were careful and well thought out, each one sending a tremor of pain up his burned limbs. Spewed across his chest, front legs and his shoulders was the lick of sun-fire. Scraping up the left side of his rib cage was a long, thin wound that resembled that of a unicorn's horn cut, however, it was made from a shooting vein from the ground. Archibald was bruised and bloody, tired and drained, but he was proud of his soldiers. Many of them had come out victorious, though others had failed, but their participation in the invasion would not be forgotten. Artemis, though new to their mercenary band, fought with her skill and her heart, and Archibald knew she was a vital asset that he would not let fade into the background.

If there was any disappointment, however, it was directed at himself and his bitch. His golden eyes did not acknowledge her presence at his heels, loyal as ever, nor her whining and pinned ears. He had told her, commanded her not to kill the dragon, but she did without hesitation. He remembered the scream that Lace cried, his eruption of fury and sorrow that released his magic, a wrath upon the pair. He remembered his teeth sinking into skin, his body thwarting the grullo from killing his own companion. He remembered the stallion's body-shaking sobs as the defeated forces retreated to their homes, the war turned against them. Archibald would remember forever, for he knew the panic that was to almost lose a companion, but he would never know what it was like to lose one's other half. If Loretta were gone, Archibald would want to die alongside her--for to live without her would be worse than one thousand deaths.

Climbing into the Foothills, Archibald finally stopped, eyes washing over his bloodied warriors. Sighing, the General lifted his nose into the air, his neck stretching painfully, and emitted a long, deep, bellowing call into the wind. From it, he hoped several would come, but all he wanted, truly, was Circe. However, Archibald knew he needed a healer, and he hoped Lakota's instincts would send her galloping to them, her brothers in arms, to patch their wounds. Finally, the Dauntless looked down at his bitch, and she up to him, and they shared a simple nod.

[ @[Lakota] | @[Circe] | @[Ktulu] | Directed right after the invasion, Archibald needs a healer. Also, Donovan is dead. We'll say some NPC's brought him back, but Archi will tell Ktu if she comes.]

THE DAUNTLESS
tablebykite [ sharysaogail|sed-rah-stock|lakela|@deviantart.]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
I knew you were mine - by Archibald - 09-07-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Lakota - 09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Ktulu - 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Circe - 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM