the Rift

[OPEN] I knew you were mine

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Healing had never been her calling, and yet she took to it like a moth to firelight. One who prefers hurting over helping, it wasn't something she had ever contemplated, but...if she couldn't take the damage onto herself when astride the battlefield, at least she could remove the pain once it was already inflicted. Her General's eyes were dark, haunted, and she gazed at him in quiet concern when he was not looking. He accepted her touch with a clinical patience she appreciated, she concealing her concern, and he his inner troubles. Loretta, too, was still as she worked her immortal gifts to patch up her face tenderly, knowing how important a companion was to their bonded and wanting to do her best to comfort Archibald when they had clearly suffered through too much already.

She is almost surprised by Archibald leaning towards her, but her eyes soften with understanding as he nears, and stretches her petite frame to brush her muzzle against the sinewy, powerful arch of his neck in return. It is gentle, her warm breath fanning out against his skin to tickle her nostrils in return. A quiet 'you're welcome', an assurance that she was there, a friend to turn to, a sister in arms, should he ever need her. When he spoke, it was close to her aurals, deep and sad. 'I'm done.' And Lakota knew what he meant. Heard the underlying message within those two simple words. Archibald was leaving, he'd had enough of the squalor they all lived in. "You will always be welcome at my side, Dauntless. Be safe." In return her own whisper danced towards his ears like honey, sadness and understanding tinting her lyrics.

Simultaneously they withdrew from one another, and Lakota gazed at him for a few moments, violets speaking of her acceptance of his decision and her dedication to him. It would never fade. She respected him, found him to- oddly enough- be a friend. He would always be welcomed by her, and she would go to him should he call upon her for help or company.

Ktulu arrived first, and Lakota turned to her and spoke softly, though still audible in comparison to how she'd spoken to Archibald. "Deep bruising, a few bad scrapes, but he shall be fine now if not a bit sore." Withdrawing into silence once more, she let the Dauntless take over from there, speaking far more than she'd ever heard from him at one time.

He spoke with passion unheard of, at least by Lakota, and she stood quietly for a few long moments as she listened. Circe arrived shortly, and Lakota turned and moved silently over to her friend as her title was spoken. A dark maw reached out towards the other mare's shoulder, concern touching her features rather obviously, far different than her expression towards Archibald where she had hidden her worry from him. "You are injured, sister," she spoke softly, and let her eyes slide shut as she pressed firmer and slid her muzzle down to the other mare's chest, legs tingling as the magic surged almost eagerly up from the earth into her body and into Circe. Patching every tear of her body, sewing the flesh together, replacing red and white blood cells, shrinking every wound. When she was done she stepped back again, reaching her muzzle to brush Circe's in a gesture of friendship and affection, should she accept the touch.

She stood on the opposite side of Archibald, and like the shadow she was departed, leaving the lovers to their moment as she stood- a picturesque guardian of marble tarnished by time and treachery.

At last he said it; leaving, departing, disappearing. Whatever word you chose to use, he was exiting the Grey and the Foothills simultaneously. His words rang true, and she found herself nodding to many of his statements in agreement. The invitation made her smile, still sorrowful nevertheless because of the topic. "I will follow; perhaps not today, nor tomorrow. I have business I must attend to here, Dauntless. My siblings are here. The wounded must be cared for." Already her mind was swarmed with all the tasks she had to complete, and it was a welcome reprieve from seasons of listlessness. "But you will find me at your side when you least expect me. If you ever need me, for anything, you need only call me. I am always in the shadows somewhere. I will answer." She bowed her head to him, deeply, full of respect. And with that she stepped back into the treeline, Aodaun following her silently, and they stood on the outskirts, waiting to see if they would receive a response before deciding if they would stay or leave.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Messages In This Thread
I knew you were mine - by Archibald - 09-07-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Lakota - 09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Ktulu - 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Circe - 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Archibald - 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Lakota - 09-18-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Circe - 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM