the Rift

Well Would You Look at That

Vertigon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He nodded as she spoke of an attack and how they had warded it off. This one's strength was definitely not centered around her wits, no she was a doll, beautiful on the outside with a brain of sawdust. Knowing this Vertigon's darker half spoke to him, he could easily manipulate her, get her to divulge information one with a shred of common sense would never reveal. He thrust those thoughts away instantly, he was not the sort to take advantage of another in such a way. Of course with these thoughts came the idea that perhaps someone had already gotten to this sputtering star.

Warping and twisting her thoughts until she full heartedly believed that their cause was indeed that of peace when it was the farthest from the truth. Although plausible, he did not think this was the case. Despite her naivety, she seemed to be an innocent spirit, at least one that couldn't or wouldn't do much harm, the light that one holds in their eyes that vanishes when they have spilled blood still remained. She was not a killer, she did not carry herself like a warrior, she certainly wasn't trained in the art of stealth. She was slightly dim, not merciless and he couldn't picture her among those of a darker spirit, not willingly at least. If she knew, if they had not hidden their true colors from her, then what she spoke of was most likely true.

His ears twitched, then switched directions his left turning toward the forest as his right faced the Kahlua. She was giving far more information then what he had asked, but this was okay, more information would not hurt him. Although it could hurt this herd, he would have to warn her of that. Even so he liked what he heard and his was curious about this queen who could take the form of a dragon and her mate who was part serpent as well. If they could accept one such as they to not only be apart of , but lead the herd then perhaps there was a chance they'd allow a meager manned wolf to enter their ranks?

With each word Vertigon was becoming more and more interested in this family, he was also becoming rather fond of this ditsy lady. She reminded him of a young filly with her energy and love of the world, but little knowledge of it. Perhaps it was her air headedness that made him feel as though she was in need of some sort of guardian to watch over her and make sure no one took advantage of her, like he knew some would. Either way his protective instincts were aroused by the funny girl and he found himself taking pleasure in her company.

It seemed Kahlua had some sense to her as she suddenly shot him an upfront statement. This caused him to smile. Sitting up ever so slightly the creature slowly itched his large left ear as if he were lightly pondering this question. Once finished he settled back down, then spoke. "I will not deny that I am interested in residing in your home among your herd, from what you have told me it sounds wonderful." he answered, choosing his words carefully so as not to confuse her.

"I come from a far wilder land, where violence and death is a common event, a sport even." He was being rather vague on the details, and he had probably already confused her, but he didn't feel like launching into his entire life's story at this moment- even if it was rather short. He did not want to share such information with a horse that was so loose tongued. "I seek a place that is the opposite of my old homeland, a place of peace and life. A place I can be accepted as family despite my differences, in breed, beliefs, and opinions. A home I can protect." He looked her in the eye. "So tell me Kahlua, do you think your home is the place I seek?"

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec: Credits

Messages In This Thread
Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-07-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-08-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-09-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM