the Rift

Well Would You Look at That

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
K A H L U A
Lucky as the wolf was that she was stupid, not a warrior, she was lucky too. His kindly and protective nature was certainly her salvation this day. One day it would be the death of her, she would fall prey to some being who did not treat her so kindly, but today was not that day. Maybe one day, as the wolf was thinking, she would betray her herd by giving away information she should not have. She didn't particularly wish to be that horse, her main desire was to prove her usefulness to her leaders, but one can change their personality the same way they can change the course of a river. Only with hours upon hours of hard-work, sweat, tears and training would she become the horse her herd needed, instead of the horse she was.

The wolf's smile caused her to shift just slightly, the display of his teeth unnerving despite his recumbent position. Her ears flicked with unease, although the motion was more or less useless. She was not scanning the area for sounds or safety, simply displaying her emotions as she was so wont to do. As he sat up she tensed, still unable to be fully at ease with the wolf. Though he had proven himself kind as of yet, Onni's fearful lesson of those terrors in the darkness would not leave her fully at ease. Still, he settled back down and she could not help but be drawn into his complacent display. She calmed, ears becoming still again and tensed muscles relaxing.

I will not deny that I am interested in residing in your home. He spoke and she could not help but feel confused about whether she should be glad or frightened. What would her herd mates think if she brought this, seemingly peaceful, orange wolf into the safety of their home? Would they think her stupid (more-so than they probably already did) for traveling in the company of a carnivore or would they think her brave and useful for daring to bring the beast home to join their numbers? She did not know, could not even begin to imagine how such a situation would play out.

As he finished speaking, she sighed softly, confusion fogging her limited thinking abilities. “If you tell the truth than perhaps it is. I have found peace there,” she said softly, looking down as his strong gaze met her eyes. She sighed again in discontent as she continued on. The wolf was far more eloquent than herself and she felt at a loss of what to do. “To be honest, no offense sir Vertigon, I don't know if I can trust you or how to find out.” She paused to look him over once again, avoiding his eyes as best she could. “But if you are willing to follow me, I know that there are horses far more suited to the task than myself that could meet us at the borders.” She waited for his answer. Should he answer affirmatively, which she suspected he would, then she would set off to the Edge immediately, careful to keep the wolf in her line of vision.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-07-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-08-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-09-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Vertigon - 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Well Would You Look at That - by Kahlua - 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM