the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Truth or Dare [Mirage]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
She wasn't injured - at least not anymore. She had allowed the herbs to make her spill her emotions to Quil. She had let the world know she loved him. And, his gift was tightly fastened upon her neck, resting so that it was up against her chest and bouncing with each stride forward she took. Her mass of tail was still knotted messily, the tendrils no longer able to grasp out a few feet behind her as she moved. But, it still remained a safe place to keep this branch she was using as a make-shift dagger. After all, it was no longer actually safe. At least, it wasn't safe in her mind anymore.

They had been attacked - by the same ones who had taken her previous home. They were trying to taunt the herd. Though, she supposed the taunting hadn't worked too well - after all they seemed to have emerged victorious. And now, she knew for sure, that she had both Kaj and Quil at her side. She was safer than she had been when she had come into these lands. That was a good thing, wasn't it? Didn't really matter to her mind, apparently. For, the memories of the horn slicing through Row's lungs still plagued her mind at night when she tried to sleep. And, now, with the invasion also having horned members, she wasn't sure if the lands were actually completely rid of those who could do the same to her.

A scar was positioned on her left shoulder, about a foot and a half in length and crooked. It was a reminder that pain was inevitable. It was a reminder that she had lost too much to ever really be whole again. Wings still scared her - she was positive there was something sharp in most of them, which could be used against her tiny frame. But, she trusted Kaj and she trusted Quil. And, with that trust came the acceptance of their wing so she could hide herself from the world when all she wanted to do was to break down and cry. They would hide her when she was her most vulnerable. They were her protection from herself. Really, without those two boys she would have been much worse than she was at this moment.

That was when she could have sworn she heard something shuffling through the underbrush. Instantly, her frame tensed in anticipation before bolting deeper into the mists to hide her petite frame as much as they would allow. She grasped her branch from it's slot in her tail before beginning to turn on her haunches in circles. She swore that if another winged creature came at her she would cut those wings up until they were useless bones flapping off of their shoulders.

The world was falling down around Res. Her brain was only trying to make her feel safer. But, was that even possible when all that she had loved was taken from her in this continual, viscous cycle of pain? She would continue to lose everyone until there was no one left to lose except herself. And that thought was the one thing that tore her apart even more than the memories of death and suffering that plagued her skull...

552 words
Res is so broken and screwed up - and she now carries a branch to use as a dagger. xD
@[Mirage]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-30-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 10-05-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 10-17-2013, 11:37 PM