the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Truth or Dare [Mirage]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
She spun around. Her body tense. Her jaw clenched around her branch - her only weapon left to be given to her. She was not granted with magic, wings, or a horn. She was granted with a missing ear, an open and easily acceptable heart that could be torn to shreds at a moments notice and yet still offered to all of those who needed something. She was granted with haunting nightmares that would leave her immobilized from time to time. She had been granted with her own hell on earth - somehow barely managing to tread with her head above the water that wished to encase her soul and drag her under.

And then her name was called out by someone with sweet chords - chords she remembered. They chimed in her head as she twisted her now scarred frame to face the oncoming mare. Eyes were wide and panicked, still pleading with the Gods that these chords she recalled were not from the winged mare who had been taunting her the entire time she had been fighting. But, when the creature emerged from the shadows it was Mirage - the one who had accepted her plea for Quil's life and offered her a home. Mirage pulled out from the forest and the mist with a dipped crown, and even though Res was shaking - now feeling as though if someone else attacked it was only right for her to attempt to protect the mare who had given her so much - and unable to stop she allowed her jaw to fall lax. The branch slipping from her teeth's death grip upon it and clattering to the sodden earth, disappearing in the mist. She would grab it again later, most likely. Her lock rested against her chest, trembling as her muscles twitched in fear of what was going to be happening from outside sources.

Mirage did not approach her side, instead stopping herself a few paces away. Her gaze was questioning, but not threatening. Had she seen the deep gash that had been on her shoulder not a day earlier, perhaps she would understand why Res had gained this branch to use as a dagger or why she was spinning around in circles, hoping that the sound wasn't that of another creature coming in again to attack the only home she had. Mirage's words reached her cranium. Danger had passed. She was safe. She felt like an idiot. Her entire body tensing up more in embarrassment as she dropped her head and kept her gaze upon the ground. She had looked like a buffoon. An imbecile who could not fully grasp everything that was going on. The DragonHeart was probably attempting to figure out just why she was not off looking for the injured so as to help them. It was a valid question, and one which she should have been doing instead of worrying about every single sound that had come around in the forest. An idiot who couldn't do her job.

Her voice managed to waver, spilling some of her rambling thoughts underneath her breath, allowing them to rest upon the mists. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I k-know. I should be searching for the injured. R-right on it. I'll get right on it." Her gaze still did not dare to look up any farther than the inked mare's knees, her eyes catching the new adornment upon the mare's left foreleg that shone like the moon. So much had happened - so much that she didn't know. It didn't matter though. She should be off looking for those who are injured. She should be tending to their wounds, giving them some kind of pain medication, and then helping them get to Smoke so that they can actually be healed.

She should be doing her job...

638 words
"I'M SORRY I'LL DO MY JOB."
LOLOL. Silly Res.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM